All the Prep Work is Done, Now I can buy the washer!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
With a vented dryer, performance is also affected by bends in the exhaust hose. The straighter, the better. If it droops, shorten it. I may put a metal elbow on the exhaust port to reduce the bend in the hose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TxCowboy

Since you're putting it in the closet, which is where mine is, make sure to install a drain pan under it. Mine was dealer installed and they didn't put a pan under it. A broken plastic part inside leaked (my fault winterizing it) and I had water dripping off my king pin. I put in a drain pan after repairing the machine.

Not to necessarily revive an old thread but does the newer RV with the washer / dryer installed come with a drain pan? I'm having a washer/dryer installed in our new RV by the dealer and want to have them include a drain pan, particularly if the unit would have come with a drain pan with an OEM washer/dryer setup.

danemayer

Not to necessarily revive an old thread but does the newer RV with the washer / dryer installed come with a drain pan? I'm having a washer/dryer installed in our new RV by the dealer and want to have them include a drain pan, particularly if the unit would have come with a drain pan with an OEM washer/dryer setup.

The factory installed washer has an overflow/drain pan underneath it, with an overflow/drain hose that is routed to the outside. As in JohnDar's case, the only time you'll ever need it is if you don't have it.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
When we had ours installed, I didn't know about drain pans. Now, I would insist on one, regardless of who puts it in. Any argument, and the deal would be off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk