already worried and havent taken deliver yet

CrazyScotsman

jmgratz.. They still call it , " Lost in the woods ", only it's a wee bit bigger nowadays. I used to live on that place, as my ex Mrs wore Combat boots.
Missouri isn't all that bad, there are a lot worse places to live, like ????? Mmmmmmmm let me think a while. LOL
Cheers Ken..
PS.. I'm back in MO it's good to be home.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The funny thing about Ft. Leonard Wood is everywhere you walk (march) it is uphill. LOL
Got to admit though Missouri is a pretty state.

fhollan

Bh 2955rl

As you can tell below, our 5th wheel is three years old. This is our first one. I didn't know much about them, until I found this forum. There were quite a few Heartland product owners that came up with all kinds of answers and solutions.

Based on the forum, I also found that Heartland would stand behind their product. Since that time I've had to call them, which had to do with a bracket on the streetside slideout and Mission tires, which came with the coach. I felt the bracket was to close to the rear tire. I was impressed with the "rep", after explaining the concern, wanted me to take some pictures and email them. After receiving them, he called me back and stated that he would check this out with other sources and let me know. (See the pictures below). So far, so good. No problems!

I was contemplating on replacing the tires with Michelens. Since the Michelens were bigger in diameter (80 to 85), I was afraid that tire wouln't last with that bracket. I got a call back from Heartland and suggested that I'd better stick with the same size tire.

Bottom line is, Heartland will stick behind their product and take the time to come up with a logical conclusion. And the forum has the answers also. Thanks to "timk", I did improve my A/C flow last year. So what other sourced do you need?

BTW I took basic training at Ft. Leonard Wood "a long time ago". At that time they called it "Little Korea". They were right, since I've been to "big Korea" also.

Attachments

• DCP01190.JPG
    DCP01190.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 4
  • DCP01187.JPG
    DCP01187.JPG
    217 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Bobby A

good stuf ya'all

I will have to wait a few months, I may be asking you guys for that mod(tent in a vent) my memory is not that good. Don't ask why. (lol)

Last edited:

jmgratz

yes I remember FLW being called Little Korea also. I also remember the Drill Instructors telling us about all of the STD's in the towns just outside the gate. Man what a place...:eek:

truknutt

Committed Member
yes I remember FLW being called Little Korea also. I also remember the Drill Instructors telling us about all of the STD's in the towns just outside the gate. Man what a place...:eek:

They allowed you outside the perimeter? Must have been "nice", or not!! :confused:
Only place I've been where we did AM PT in the snow and in the PM the mosquitoes attacked!!:eek:

Ahhh, memories.

Netem

I too did my basic at FLW and some AIT then on to Ft Gordon Ga. for the rest of my AIT and on to Korea for 13 months. Yes FLW and Korea had alot in common, cold in the winter and hot in the summer. Yes Waynesville is not far from the gate.

fhollan

I too did my basic at FLW and some AIT then on to Ft Gordon Ga. for the rest of my AIT and on to Korea for 13 months. Yes FLW and Korea had alot in common, cold in the winter and hot in the summer. Yes Waynesville is not far from the gate.

Basic at FLW; AIT at Ft. Gordon; 13 months in Korea; remainder back at Ft. Gordon as a instructor.

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
Been to FLW 3 times as an Army civilian employee. (Retired now) Big place, they have about 25000 trainee's there plus PCS's. Sure not much to do off post. Thats the reason they call it fort lost in the woods.

jmgratz

The only time I left Post was once to go into St. Louis. Caught the bus and went to "gas light square" in St Louis. There was a "coffee house" there and I went in and saw a group I had never heard of playing. Had a soft drink (I was too young to buy a beer) and found out the group playing was named Peter, Paul and Mary. They were really good. Times have changed since then. And yes I believe Waynesville was close to the gate.

truknutt

Committed Member
If you stayed on post you could drink all the beer you wanted...3-2 beer that is!

I also had the pleasure of seeing a band at one of the FLW establishments that I would later find out was known as the Marshall Tucker Band. I heard their music years later and wondered where I had heard it before. Dern 3-2 must have killed more brain cells than I thought!

I thought the only band brash enough to play a flute was Jethro Tull; who knew!