Alsation Rv Resort - Castorville TX

Rayz

I have been trying to contact the reservation desk for two weeks by phone. No answer to date, does anyone know if the resort is open, and any comments on the park itself will be really appreciated. We are hoping to stay in the San Antonio area for a couple of months next winter. Thanks

jimtoo

I just called the golf club number and got an answer from a person that the rv resort is only open till 3pm... try calling back tomorrow I was told. Only open till 3pm??? I think you need to come to S Texas and look around for a week. A nice RV park just West of SA is Alamo Fiesta at Boerne, TX. Easy to get to anything around the SA area. And there are others in the area also.

Jim M

Rayz

Thank you very much, greatly appreciated, and yes for sure we want to travel and stay in southern Texas, we are planning to set up in one location longer term and check around for spots for the following winter. From what I understand Texas can get awfully busy during winter with couples like ourselves retiring the snow shovels !!

jimtoo

South Texas is getting very popular now for snowbirds... I think mainly because of cost. But I don't think you will have problem finding a place. You might check the Rockport, Aransas Pass area also. Also you might check this spot, Herbiesrig out. They come down every winter to the Rockport area and have some Heartland get together s. Great folks.

Jim M