Alternative Storage locations for Tables?

TX_Clay

After schlepping the garage table and the living room table up the stairs to the master bed to store the tables under it for about the 30th time. I am sick of doing that, but for the life of me, cannot figure out a better place. What has everyone else been doing with theirs when they travel?

MikeandDar

In our 4250 the tables store under the top bunk mattress in the garage. There are tie down straps screwed to the deck to keep them from moving around.

2TrakR

Ours are stored in the garage, standing up against the wall with two straps holding them up and some foam to keep the edges from chaffing.

oscar

Don't use the garage table, it's at home. The living room tables travel behind the couch.

IronJ

Strapped to bunk in garage...under the bed is a dumb place anyway...with the original mattress you can't sleep on it with the tables under you anyway...

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

pcardoza

We stuck ours in between the top and bottom bunks in the garage and they are held firmly in place there.

Sniper

After schlepping the garage table and the living room table up the stairs to the master bed to store the tables under it for about the 30th time. I am sick of doing that, but for the life of me, cannot figure out a better place. What has everyone else been doing with theirs when they travel?
Ours are stored here in the left front corner of the garage in our 3010 like this:
GEDC1472.jpg
:)

IronJ

Out of curiosity, what are your straps anchored to?...I thought about strapping mine upright...or maybe the lawn chairs

Sniper

Out of curiosity, what are your straps anchored to?...I thought about strapping mine upright...or maybe the lawn chairs

Wall studs. I got a piece of water pipe insulation, cut it down, and put it on all the corners of the tables. I'm not sure why the picture came out rotated to the left. I didn't post it that way. LOL If you'd like I can take a close of the strap mounting points here in a while, and post those. :)

chiefneon

Howdy!

We only travel with the livingroom table. We store it in the garage area standing up between the bed lift/lower rails. Use a ratchet strap to secure with a blanket over italong with the legs. We have secured the other tablet the same way on the other wall when needed.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

IronJ

Wall studs. I got a piece of water pipe insulation, cut it down, and put it on all the corners of the tables. I'm not sure why the picture came out rotated to the left. I didn't post it that way. LOL If you'd like I can take a close of the strap mounting points here in a while, and post those. :)
How did u locate studs and what type of anchor did u use?

Sniper

How did u locate studs and what type of anchor did u use?

They were installed when we bought it. Took me a minute or two to figure out what they were for (or at least what I thought they were for, and what we are using them for :)). However they are directly above where the screws are to secure the diamond plate along the bottom wall. It looks like a standard flat head screw, but I'm not gonna remove it to check out the length. It's secured with the same kind of straps that secure the living room TV for travel. Hope this helps.

GEDC1473.jpg

TX_Clay

Ours are stored here in the left front corner of the garage in our 3010 like this:
View attachment 45722
:)
I have thought about that as well. What is the railing I see going across the bottom? Nevermind, its your ladder. DUH!
Sorry about the slow reply. Started a New Job on Monday and I been busy as a cat in a shallow sand box.

Last edited:

Lynn1130

Perhaps they changed the storage for the garage table but mine has two straps on the drivers side wall that hold the garage table in/upright. I do use foam rolls on the top, bottom and both sides to keep it from rubbing the wall. The kitchen table is stored, wrapped in a blanket with one edge slid between the back and bottom cushions. It stays there even over some pretty bumpy forest roads.

Between the bunk idea is good but it means finding a place for the garage table when we use the bunks hench the wall strap storage. A little clue though. If you use the stand up storage in the garage it is best to lay it flat on the floor when the RV is stored or it develops a bow from standing too long.

Sniper

I have thought about that as well. What is the railing I see going across the bottom? Nevermind, its your ladder. DUH!
Sorry about the slow reply. Started a New Job on Monday and I been busy as a cat in a shallow sand box.
We all have those kinda days every now and then Clay. LOL Yes sir, it's the perfect place to store the ladder. I've seen far to many toy haulers with the ladder smashed in to leave ours mounted during travel. :rolleyes: