Anchor Down RV Resort - Now Open

jdamude

Just looked at the new RV resort in Dandridge Tennessee. The place looks amazing. This will definitely be on our list of places to go when we visit Nashville this summer.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Talked with the manager earlier this year who sounds like the park is going to be great place to camp and in the future hosting rallies. A club house is in the future but only a shed is available this year. We went by the location last year when it was under construction and it was hard to tell alot but will have to head over since they are finally open.

jdamude

Talked with the manager earlier this year who sounds like the park is going to be great place to camp and in the future hosting rallies. A club house is in the future but only a shed is available this year. We went by the location last year when it was under construction and it was hard to tell alot but will have to head over since they are finally open.

Have a look at their website. They have some updated pictures.

Rob_Fla

We are going to stay at Anchor Down Resort for 5 nights in April after we leave Washington DC heading toward Pensacola FL.

mikeandconnie

We have been here sinced Thursday and the first to use our spot. I'm impressed! It's a very beautiful place. We are at spot 20 overlooking the the lake with a big fireplace.
I got the flu last week and missed the Georgia Rally so we are making it up here and helping my son find a apartment in Kingsport a hour away. Thanks for starting this thread because I read it and decided to come.

Miller0758

Can anyone comment on the drive taking route 40 from the Asheville area to Dandridge? Particularly interested in grades and elevations (steep hills). After a bad experience last year in VA I wouldn't wish to re-enact.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I've taken I40 from Knoxville down thru Ashville and didn't find it particularly bad. There are a couple of places with lots of turns and downhill runs, but nothing I felt uncomfortable on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

travlingman

We have been here sinced Thursday and the first to use our spot. I'm impressed! It's a very beautiful place. We are at spot 20 overlooking the the lake with a big fireplace.
I got the flu last week and missed the Georgia Rally so we are making it up here and helping my son find a apartment in Kingsport a hour away. Thanks for starting this thread because I read it and decided to come.

We are planning on being there this coming Friday. Which is a better site for views and size, 27 or 62? I use to live in Kingsport and hope to be moving back there this year if we can sell our house.

mikeandconnie

It's not far from the interstate. We took I40 to the the Sevierville Exit TN66 to 139. There is no grades and very easy going.

Miller0758

I've taken I40 from Knoxville down thru Ashville and didn't find it particularly bad. There are a couple of places with lots of turns and downhill runs, but nothing I felt uncomfortable on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thank you Gus. Last year I made the mistake of taking VA 211 headed to Luray from Williamsburg. OMG!

boatto5er

Thank you Gus. Last year I made the mistake of taking VA 211 headed to Luray from Williamsburg. OMG!

Yup - VA211 is an entirely different story. Kind of like a certain backroad between Mt Airy, NC and Martinsville, VA - Right, John Bylinski?

Miller0758

Yup - VA211 is an entirely different story. Kind of like a certain backroad between Mt Airy, NC and Martinsville, VA - Right, John Bylinski?

I think Duane mentioned that route previously. After the ride on 211 my wife is affraid of the hill in our driveway ... :)

boatto5er

I think Duane mentioned that route previously. After the ride on 211 my wife is affraid of the hill in our driveway ... :)

Duane was referring to the Dragons Tail, running south from (I think) around Gatlinburg down into NC. The one John took us on was a county road that loved to use switchbacks. Several times I saw us coming and in a little while going. :rolleyes: