Anderson KantLeak 4 station for my UDC

Lynn1130

I have been considering changing out my fresh water and city water fill station in the UDC with an Anderson Kantleak system but I cannot find an RV parts sale that sell this unit or much about it other than on Anderson's site and the specs are there but nothing about sales or price.

Anyone know if there is a place that sells them?

TedS

I bought the brass version directly from Anderson Brass Company. Call them for price and delivery.

Lynn1130

Ted, Any insight on replacing the old unit? Is it a direct fit? Did you run into any issues?

Thanks

TedS

I did not use the plastic valve unit now installed by Heartland. I used an all-brass valve and it did not have a panel with it. I made my own panel to fit the UDC space. The first challenge was tracing the plumbing and making the correct connections. The toughest challenge was making a leak-free connection to the existing gravity feed tube that is the fresh water fill. You will have to get creative to make the transition from smooth plumbing tube from the new valve to the existing spiral fill tube. I do like the idea of all input water functions being in one selector valve. You do keep the separate water heater bypass valve.

You may be able to buy the valve and panel Heartland uses from Heartland.

I need to correct my purchase source reference. Even though I talked to and ordered from Anderson Brass, the selling entity was Robo-Fit. They have a website.

TedS

I did not take pictures of my valve installation. And I have since traded for another trailer.

Lynn1130

I have looked at the Kantleak RV200 system and I guess I am dense because I still do not see how water gets where it is supposed to go. If water comes in at the back flow prevention connection which goes to the tank how does it get to the city water with the valve in that position? Maybe Ted can help here.

Lynn1130

I answered my own question by calling Anderson and a very helpful man by the name of Ron e-mailed me the installation/tech sheet. I thought that the water hose inlet would have to go to one of the connections on the 4 way and that is what it does.

jbeletti

I answered my own question by calling Anderson and a very helpful man by the name of Ron e-mailed me the installation/tech sheet. I thought that the water hose inlet would have to go to one of the connections on the 4 way and that is what it does.

Lynn - please email the install/tech sheet to manuals@heartlandowners.org and moderator Dan Mayer will post it on our HOM (Heartland Owners Manuals) section of the forum. Thanks!

TedS

Click on the link in Parkit's post and it shows the water paths for the valve positions.