Another BLOMAX victim, yet again....

shurack24

Coincidence that there are so many reports of "towmax/blomax" victims....?
I think not.

We are going to a whole new set of 4 Goodyear G614's at $300 each at this point, even though we have only 8k miles on these made-in-china junk.
Not pleased with having to replace these junk tires in our third year of ownership; but I am more displeased with the thought of another blowout occurring.
RV manufacture really need to make a change and put a stop to using this crud.

Before anyone starts with tire pressure and maintenance; I am fastidious about checking tire pressures before (and after) every single trip.
Also, we have never been above 65 mph, ever.
I've read all the other posts about these tires, and thought by doing all the right things like checking air pressure, and keeping the speed down, we would not become victims; not so, my friends.

Time will tell if the Goodyear's are in fact better, but...
These tires are just plain junk.

Attachments

• Blomax_victim.jpg
    Blomax_victim.jpg
    366.2 KB · Views: 108

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Until NHTSA get enough complaints nothing will be done about them. ***

Last edited by a moderator:

GOTTOYS

I consider these to be "Delivery and Display" tires. They should come off as soon as you buy a trailer. With all the negative posts on the internet about how bad these tires are I don't understand why people try to use them..JMHO..Don

lwmcguire

Something that many folks don't factor in is traveling in a strong cross wind. A wind over 20 mph or so puts considerable more weight on the down wind tires. This will certainly make them run hotter and if you are close to the maximum pay load then perhaps a blow out. Tow Max tires probably wouldn't have made 500 miles on the Augusta and the 614's were very marginal load wise.

Carleen

Good years on our new/used BH. I still have panic attacks of a blow out and worry about tire pressure and temp. Just installed TireMinders. Will see how they work for in-cab monitoring. Image1467057322.908150.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We experienced the effects of the Tow Max / BLOMAX tires 06/11/20216 on the way in to Belgrade Montana in our Big Country 5th wheel we purchased new less than a year ago. When we finally got to the tire store in Belgrade ended up replacing the remainder of the tires on the 5th wheel with less than 3000 miles on it. We were told the other tires are all suffering major separation and had significant damage to the side 5th wheel and loosing brake power to the left side of the 5th wheel.

I am very surprised after my research of how many people have had the same problems I was actually amazed 60 minutes had not been notified of these
China imports with an E load rating that simply are not up to DOT standards causing significant time, damage and loss to the American consumers and Insurance company/policy holders. The response from the distributor of the tire "Dynamic Tire", is it ran flat, under inflated or over loaded. Well I have been towing vehicles and driving big rigs for 40 + years and know and adhere to the basics and understand that better than most. I also have 10 plus years experience in the tire industry, what else could Dynamic tire say? They simple can't defend an inferior product to much liability!

SNOKING

The problem is that people are not getting killed by these over rated cheap tires, therefore the government has not stepped in.AKA Firestone/Ford Explorer issue.

The whole foundation of the higher weight rating was based on the speed restriction which has been lifted by the likes of Carlisle and others.

Now as I noted in another thread there is a new round of LRG tires coming to the market by Westlake and other manufacturers. The Goodyear G614 and Sailun S637 have establish track records, so why would anyone want to be a guenia pig for something new to the market.

Just about all ST LRE tires have a tread pattern like an A/S tire, which I believe contributes to failures as they grab the pavement to much in tight maneuvers , ripping the tire apart inside. Chris

danemayer

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) takes action when an investigation shows a manufacturing defect affecting safety. Since a blowout on a trailer could increase the likelihood of a crash, although I don't think we've heard of any crashes related to these tires, NHTSA would naturally be interested.

BUT, they need affected users to file complaints with DOT numbers and other relevant information so that failures can be traced back to a particular tire, manufacturing plant, and batch. And even if there are a large number of failures reported, until failed tires are actually inspected and a manufacturing defect is identified, there are no grounds for action.

Whenever I see a post where someone says all of his tires were showing evidence of a pending blowout, I wish those tires would have been provided to NHTSA for examination.

But it seems that all NHTSA gets are a relative handful of vague complaints, mostly missing the key information they need.

Until as a group, RV owners are up to speed on how to report problems in a useful way, I'm afraid we won't see any action on tire problems.