Another Blowmax victim

martelds

The Martells
I too am now a member of the blowmax tire club. I only had 1500 miles on my tires and sure enough I had a blowout that caused $1,600 damage to my Gateway. I filed a claim with Dynamic Tire, I sent them my blown tire and the 3 other tires that are all separating. Of course the response was the tires were overheated because of being under-inflated. This is totally bogus. I've been an RV owner for 15 years and I know how to keep my tires in good shape. So even though they say it's my fault for not keep my tires properly inflated they offered to give me 500.00 if I sign a waiver releasing them from responsibility. I already put the rib tires on and I'm not interesting in getting reimbursed for the new tires, which were not cheap, but worth the piece of mind they bring.
Out of principal I want them to cover my 1,600 RV repair bill. They say the tires were overheated. Hello I live in AZ, our roads are hot in the summer. I will try and not give in, but it's probably a losing battle. Anybody driving on those tires will find themselves with a damaged trailer. I love the Gateway, but am disappointed with those cheap tires.

kowAlski631

We got the same response from Tredit when we filed a claim. It seems it's never faulty tires and there are people who may respond to this thread who will concur. Bottom line, we repaired our trailer including the hydraulic lines damaged, put on Goodyear tires and travel without fear. We still check our tires at each stop and utilize our TPMS while underway - as we did before, but we've moved on.

danemayer

If someone with a failed Towmax tire would file a NHTSA Report and offer their tire to NHTSA to do an analysis of what caused the failure, you could 1) rely on what they say and 2) if a manufacturing defect caused the failure, perhaps help many other people.

martelds

The Martells
I just might do that if I do not get any satisfaction. They say the still have my tires, but I suspect it will not be on Dynamic Dime to have them sent back to me.

Westwind

I would file a report with the NHTSA attach pictures and go the whole yard. The only way the trailer tire industry is going to make improvements and RV Company's are going to per reliable tires on RV's from the factory is for the customer to push hard for change. The bottom line is the dictator and in my opinion numbers ( on the tire wall)
do not make it a reliable tire. I pulled brand new TowMax tires off my Bighorn and replaced them with Goodyear G614 tires because of all the postings on this forum, I was lucky I had made two trips to Florida and Home (3K + miles) without a incident but the trips were becoming stressful rather then enjoyable.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
When we picked up our new 2015 Prowler last Friday, it already had the new tires I had just put on our Trail Runner just two weeks before, and the BlowMax's that were on the new Prowler are now on our old Trail Runner.

I still have the original BlowMax tires that came on our Trail Runner still mounted on the original wheels . . .

My neighbor is going to buy them from me.

Tvljim50

I had a Blowmax blowout also. Took out all my wiring including the entertainment center wires - go figure!. $10,000 worth of damage later I am replacing with GY. Just starting the process with Dynamic tire (returning the blowout), so we will see what happens. Thank God my insurance covered everything except the deductable, but I hate to drive looking backwards constantly (worrying that another will blow). Stay tuned.

Jim.Allison

I had a Blowmax blowout also. Took out all my wiring including the entertainment center wires - go figure!. $10,000 worth of damage later I am replacing with GY. Just starting the process with Dynamic tire (returning the blowout), so we will see what happens. Thank God my insurance covered everything except the deductable, but I hate to drive looking backwards constantly (worrying that another will blow). Stay tuned.
Sorry Bud, join the club and do your part to warn anyone you can.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
You must not like your neighbor
//heartlandowners.org/images/smilies/cool.png

Actually, he no longer pulls his travel trailer anymore and has not moved it once since he bought the house 8 years ago.

However, all of his tires are flat from age and dry rot, but he needs to move his trailer to cut a couple of trees down in his back yard.

My already mounted and balanced BlowMax tires will be perfect for what he needs to do, not too mention a lot less expensive than buying new tires.

Earl_Max

Two years and maybe 3000 miles and broke belts in two tires.
I have watched them closely, these failed in the last 45 minutes of an 8-hour pull.
Temp. was 82 degrees, speed no more than 68 mph.

I had 5 failures in a single year on my old trailer, so I'm no stranger to these piles of crap.
I was saddened to see Towmax tires on my 3300CK when I picked it up, but these had a redesigned sidewall.....so I thought....maybe they improved the durability.

WRONG! Heartland, if you have a Heart quit using crappy tires. Camping on blocks for four days in the UP of Michigan is EMBARRASSING!

Attachments

• IMG_0727.JPG
    IMG_0727.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 72

pegmikef

I think the max speed rating on blow max st tires is 65 MPH . . . and since they are blow max < 60 is probably better.

danemayer

If you still have the tires with the broken belts, consider making them available to NHTSA for failure analysis. If they determine there's a manufacturing defect, it could help many other owners.

Bones

Two years and maybe 3000 miles and broke belts in two tires.
I have watched them closely, these failed in the last 45 minutes of an 8-hour pull.
Temp. was 82 degrees, speed no more than 68 mph.

I had 5 failures in a single year on my old trailer, so I'm no stranger to these piles of crap.
I was saddened to see Towmax tires on my 3300CK when I picked it up, but these had a redesigned sidewall.....so I thought....maybe they improved the durability.

WRONG! Heartland, if you have a Heart quit using crappy tires. Camping on blocks for four days in the UP of Michigan is EMBARRASSING!
Wow they really crowned

Mullins

Good luck with Dynamic tire. I finally got "their findings" back from them; and of course it was their own Engineering employees that analyzed the tire; "go figure" Long story short' they said it was not a manufactures defect, but they did not say that it was due high/low tire pressure either, I fought with them for about a week after I received my letter in the mail. Bottom line; there is no recourse. I did not loose sleep over it either. I moved on and put GY G614s on my unit. I don't even think about the tires anymore other than making sure the pressure is where it should be when leaving for a trip.. The blow Max caused $3000 worth of damage. Still waiting for Heartland to get off their *** and send the correct pieces without damage to them so I get my damage repaired. I cannot believe the process that goes on between the repair shop and Heartland..

buddyboy

Sounds familiar to our contact with Tredit who was the supplier when ours was built 9/12. Not the fault of the manufacturer. They did offer a $50 credit for purchase of another Towmax tire. We declined.

Earl_Max

60 MPH going around Chicago = Death by 18 wheeler!
I run 65 most of the time, but hills drift it up a bit.
These tires are not suitable for a manure spreader with a SMV sign it!

Westwind

If I were a responsible dealer I wouldn't order a Heartland towable with towmax dealers, I would make the customer upgrade on an order and only order a trailer with G614's on it. The RV industry needs to get their act together. The longer they by junk the longer the junk will be in existence.