Another Dometic ice maker problem

Happy Campers

We left for a few days and I got in a hurry and I forgot to turn the water off.The water line going to the water valve to the ice maker developed a small split and water sprayed up on the tubes on back of the refrigerator and dripped on the water valve.I replaced the plastic tubing but the ice maker wont work.I took the front cover off the ice maker and rotated the small gear 1/4 turn but it won't rotate on it's own so I don't think it's getting any power.I checked the fuses on the circuit board and they both look good.I had somebody come out and they replaced the ice maker and he said there is power getting up to the ice maker.The circuit board had a cover over it and it was kept dry.The water valve has two sets of wires, 110V and most likely 12V. I am suspecting the water valve since it got wet but it is covered with a tinfoil like tape.The refrigerator and ice maker has never given any trouble and always worked until this incident. The refrigerator is a Dometic NDM 1062 any help is appreciated.
Thanks

danemayer

I think the 12V solenoid is for water dispenser and the 110V side is for the ice maker water feed and drive motor. If there's no motion at the gearbox and the solenoid doesn't fire, it's probably not getting power to the solenoid.

The control board for the ice maker likely has a 5 amp glass fuse. Also check the wire bundle for an inline fuse.

hoefler

Check for a 3 amp fuse going to the solenoid valve for the ice maker. Bothe sets of wires are 12 volt, one is for the valve, the other is for the heater on the water line.

Happy Campers

I found both fuses on the circuit board and they looked good as I could see all the filament in both of them.I guess I need to take them out and replace them to make sure.I also found the inline fuse in the wire bundle and it looked good but i'll replace that one to. We will probably be back to the lake tomorrow .

wdk450

I think this thread is another argument for a stand-alone tabletop (or floor) icemaker, like this one: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Igloo-Portable-Countertop-Ice-Maker/31136425

These have their own water reservoir (no hoses) (1 fill makes ice for about 2 hours), make a small amount of ice very 12 minutes or so until the internal ice full sensor shuts it off. The descriptive text says that it can make 26 lbs of ice a day.

I use mine daily. I start it when I go out for an hour exercise walk and come home to an icy cold drink.