Another Mystery Switch- Cyclone 3110

mrphyalc

Our 2013 Cyclone has one of those mystery switches located in the main panel next to the awning retract switch. It is marked "Light" with an "On" and "Off" rocker. We do not have awning lights nor any receptacles on the outside of our RV. All of the interior and exterior lights are operational unless we have a hidden fixture that we haven't discovered.

Any ideas???

jimtoo

Hi mrphyalc,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Look behind the steps, on a lot of units there is a small light behind the steps. Also take a look at the large white lights up high on the outside of the unit, scare lights they are sometimes called. I am sure some of our other members will jump in soon with maybe some better info. Let us know what you find.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

mrphyalc

Hi, Glad to be here!!! We learn something new everyday about our Cyclone toy hauler, but the switch is a mystery we can't seem to solve. There are no lights behind our steps, and scare lights operate from other switches in the panel. Turning to the experts for help with this one...and I'm sure many more to come!!!

mrphyalc

Hi Caveman...

We don't have a led strip on our awning...really wish we did. If it is wired for an awning light, we have no idea where the connection is to add a strip. I guess the 2013 3110 did not have it.

danemayer

Take another look outside along the front sidewall to see if there's an outlet there. It's usually near the front arm of the main awning and allows you to hang lights on the awning and control them from inside.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Sounds to me like it is defiantly awning light switch. If you don't have the LED light strip in the rail along the coach and you don't have them in the roll tube when the awning is all the way out. They are hard to see when there not on... Just saying...
So now if you don't have them then I think your rig is pre wired for them. pull that bottom screw out of the plastic shield inside the front attachment rail, there should be 2 sets of wires there. The big wires are for the awning motor and the small ones are your light wires.
Pull that screw out of the bottom and slide that plastic strip down
35cfc59187224cc4ffc9bc61c210dbe0.jpg
54c61c6f6edb8aff58f03b913d377ac8.jpg

Last edited:

mrphyalc

We definitely can't see any outlets visually...we have looked previously and then again last night with awning retracted and out with a flashlight. We were so hoping we would spot one, but I'm leaning toward thinking we may be prewired, jesstalkn, as in your suggestion. Hoping we at least have that! Thanks you all...will let you know when we get a chance for some more exploring...

AAdams

Dometic awnings have the lights next to the rig. Carefree, which was on our old RoadWarrior, has the lights on the roller. You will not see them unless the awning is out all the way.

mrphyalc

Hi jesstalkn, Our Cyclone only has 1 wire...the motor wire. Jack and I have crawled all over the RV, awning out, awning in, on ladder, off ladder...no extra wire, no outlet. Really crazy??? But I haven't given up hope...something has to be eluding us, right? Surely Heartland would not have installed an unwired switch???

- - - Updated - - -

Our awnings are Dometic....Unfortunately, no light strip... I'll get some pics of that area and post. Maybe you all will see something?? I really appreciate everyone's input...

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I guess we should of started with the switch. Pull the switch cluster out and see if it has wires on the switch. Then we'll know if you need to be looking at all, and what color of wires to look for.
This is my awning and awning lights switches.
780fbadf72b5abad48f516e16b33b295.jpg
b374a66a4ddf40cfe415d887f80bea1f.jpg
8e294baed119737ad404ae2c977b5d5c.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

mrphyalc

That's exactly what we will do as soon as we are back home this evening...I will let you know. Wow, what diligence!! Thanks so much and I will keep everyone posted...

mrphyalc

Trying to get pic to upload...just not happening. But for now when we pulled the switch cluster, amazingly there are wires attached. Best description is (1) blue connecter to switch with a blue & white wire coming out, and (1) yellow connecter to same switch with a orange and white wire AND a white and orange wire coming out. There are 3 wires coming from the mystery switch.

mrphyalc

Switch on far bottom right of picture is the culprit...other two are wires coming from said switch. The mystery even deepens!!!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 42
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 41
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 36

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Well we know they are going somewhere now. You're just going to have to follow them, unless somebody with the same rig and the same switch can tell you where His goes. We're getting closer.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Have you ever called HL service and asked them what that switch is for?? Send some pix to them with your VIN#. BTW, they close at 1PM EST on Fridays.

mrphyalc

Did just that this am with pics, VIN and so on. Waiting to hear...unsure of their timeliness in responding and even if they respond, but actually talked to someone who seemed like he would help. Originally thought it would be an easy answer, but......
Thanks Bob, didn't realize they closed early on Fridays, so if I don't hear today I'll know why.