Another Whats this switch for?

Dose

A recently purchased a 2014 Big Country 3070RE and noticed there is a switch below the first step just inside the door. A friend of bought a new BC as well and has the same switch. Neither one of us can figure out what it does.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
A recently purchased a 2014 Big Country 3070RE and noticed there is a switch below the first step just inside the door. A friend of bought a new BC as well and has the same switch. Neither one of us can figure out what it does.

On mine it is for a welcome home type light under the steps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dose

On mine it is for a welcome home type light under the steps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We where thinking it had something to do with a light outside being it's so close to the floor. But nothing lights up outside maybe they just don't have them. i'll check tomorrow, maybe the light is broken.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
We where thinking it had something to do with a light outside being it's so close to the floor. But nothing lights up outside maybe they just don't have them. i'll check tomorrow, maybe the light is broken.

Mine is centered underneath the steps facing out towards you. It also has an amber lens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigJim45

Luv'n Life

Same here. Works the light under steps outside.

jimtoo

If you have a light on the ceiling just inside the door it may control it. The light may have a switch on it that is in the off position also.

Let us know what you find.

Jim M

stevenssr

Switches are fun to figure out. I agree with the others. It's for the amber light in the steps. There are other interesting finds. Switch on the left side of the cabinet above the tv in the living room (controls the ceiling lights in front of the cabinet). Most living room lights are in the control panel (but not all). If you ever turn on every light in the living room it's like a quest. Outlets on both side of the bed frame are not obvious (I knew there had to be more than the one in the dresser). I'm guessing you found the awning LED switch in the control panel (wasn't marked on mine). Good luck with your new 3070RE and let us know if you have any questions!

Scott

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Same on my Silverado, the two rocker switch's on the left in the cabinet are not marked. One is for awning led lights and the other is for lights above island. I always turn on the wrong one.

As posts # 2&4 said it is for a exterior light behind your folding steps, mine was an amber marker light, replaced it with a led light strip.

dave10a

I have always wondered why some RV manufacturers like to play the game "I have a secrete" for switches and fuses.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Our old 1978 Coachman TT had a light switch on the wall over the kitchen counter just left of the sink . . .

Owned that trailer for close to 15 years and never did figure out what it was for.

The funny thing was that the wall plate over this switch was ornate and totally different than all of the other light switch wall plates in that trailer.