Anti-Freeze

Mob

I have a 30BHS and it will start to get below freezing where I live. I have not been able to find the location of the valve and tube to put anti-freeze in my water lines. Can anyone give me a clue?

smday

If you don't have a bypass system in your trailer you can make one yourself. Go to local rv shop and get a T fitting with a valve shut off, extra hose and hose clamps. If you tell your dealer that your making a winterization by pass they should know all the parts that are required. Once you have all the parts, find your water pump and add your bypass system on the suction side of the pump. It took me about 10 mins to install mine when i had all the parts. Once your done turn on the bypass and stick your hose in the antifreeze jug and turn on your farthest hot water facet and wait till it turns pink. Do this again for the rest of the facets. When done turn off the bypass and tuck the hose away until next year. Now you don't have to worry about building it again in the future. Also don't forget to turn on the by pass for the hot water tank.

rjracer

Take out the bottom drawer and the pump and all the hoses are there. You will see it, turn the two valves and put the end of the lose hose into antifreeze bottle, the turn on pump. The water heater bypass is under the stove. Take out the two screws holding the panel on, and you will see it too. Good luck

Ray

HRAI

I prefer to blow the lines out with air. It makes it so much easier to de-winterize - and no anti freeze taste in the water lines to contend with...

Guy

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
I have a 2010 Sundance 2900MK. You need to remove 4 square head screws on the bulkhead by the UDC. The pick-up tube and valve are right there. Reaching the hot water tank bypass was a tight fit for my large frame, glad the DW was there to reach in. Took exactly one gallon to winterize.