Any reviews new Flex Air pin box?

Michaeloh

Let me know what you think after you've pulled it a few miles. Like I said, mine has improved the ride for us.
Can you describe the roads you have been driving with the flex air? Did you have chucking with the old pin box that has now been reduced for example?

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I don't look at air pressure, I look at the "arrow mark" on the shock and inflate till I see the top of the arrow. I do know that I need to pull forward a few feet and then back up a couple feet to get the shock to move before I "set" the pressure. I think the last time I set it, I was at around 95 psi before I saw the top of the arrow.

As far as roads go, when we left Goshen, we traveled down I-69 in Indiana to Kentucky. On the new portion of I-69, the road crossing most bridges was the worse I've ever been on. The dip and bounce going across bridges was terrible. Those points, no pin box in the world is going to reduce the amount of bounce and chucking we got. But for the most part, I believe the flex-air reduces the chucking and helps with the bouncing on "normal" bumpy roads. I can see the trailer bouncing in the mirror while we were relatively bounce free in the truck.

Does it remove all chucking? Nope, not even close. Does it reduce the chucking and give us a smoother ride? I believe it does. In my opinion it was worth the money. But my wife is not so sure. She thinks there is still too much bouncing for what we paid for the flex-air. I guess it's all a matter of prospective.

clayhud

I bought the trail air in Goshen replacing my stock pin box. I traveled from GA thru KY into IN on I-69 as Keith mentions and I must say the trip back was much better and the wifey approves of the "new ride" I agree with Keith you will still feel the road, however, it is an improved ride. As for PSI am still working on that and will try Keith's method.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
While I don't have the Flex-Air I do have the Trailair Tri-Glide, so a similar product.
Like Keith said look at the arrow, but instead of doing that each time, once you find it runs where you want it. check the air pressure. Then each time you hitch up to travel you will know where to set it rather than looking at the arrow. I know mine runs on the arrow at 65 psi. My pin weight is 3,500 lbs.

Peace
Dave

rexnar

We have had 2 hitches now. We started with pull right fully automatic hated it now we have a 20k stationary hitch and we are looking at air pins. Any suggestions? Is just the pin good or is the hitch better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michaeloh

Gentlemen the flex air has been out for over a year now but only a couple folks have shared! C'mon Flex Air owners we really want to know your views!

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Gentlemen the flex air has been out for over a year now but only a couple folks have shared! C'mon Flex Air owners we really want to know your views!

Picked the trailer up from storage on Saturday. Short 12 mile trip home. A noticeable difference in ride. Absolutely no chucking. The up and down bounce of the trailer has decreased by a lot and what we still feel has been smoothed out tremendously. Our first longer trip is not until mid April. Will know more then. I might try decreasing the psi in the air bags on the truck. See if that might take care of the rest.