Anyone else with a 2010 3200re

jbhd

Regarding your awning, there is a thermal switch in the motor and it will trip. Perhaps your thermal switch is defective. Ours does that also but most of the time it works great. Right now it is working now.

Jim,
I too figured it may be a thermal switch as it acts up when its in the sun. So I'll have RV American look at it.
Thanks

Tom_Diane

When we did our walk thru in our 3200re the tech was explaining the packet that comes with the unit and pointed out a jumper wire in the bag that he said would need a source of battery power. With the wire he said, to take off the cap on the right side of the awning and there would be 2 terminals that you hook the gator clips to and then to the + and - post and it should roll up. This is how I understood it but I did comment that this must be a persistant problem, hence the supplied jumper wires. So far we have had no problem yet with the awning.

Newuser

We just purchased a Sundance 3200RE and brought it home on 12/10/09. We can't wait to use it but probably won't camp until June after our crops are planted. We are moving up from a Sundance TT so that there would be enough room for our grandchildren.

bridosh

We've had our 2010 3200RE for 5 months now and are currently on a 2 month trip. Tows great, sleeps great and is a dream. Love the interior space and the fireplace! Sure saves on propane heating. Glad I bought the "mid-profile" unit as I inadvertantly went under a 14' overpass....no problem. That's with the second A/C unit installed for the bedroom.

Only had one significant problem so far and that was today. The converter went out. No dealer nearby so I went with a local independant RV tecnician. Good guy. We had a heck of a time locating the converter. The Heartland "Owners Manual" is not too helpful and seems to be generically written to cover most models.

The converter is located behind the bottom step to the bedroom. The screws are hard to see due to the carpet. Bad news is the A/C cord plug-in for the converter requires you to remove the doorside back wall of the basement to locate the receptacle so you can plug it in. The receptacle is behind the fuse panel. I suppose if you a long enough arm and a mirror you may be able to plug it in without removing the basement wall but it sure was easier that way.

No problem with the awning motor. However if you hold the extend switch too long it will actually keep going and reverse roll itself up! No big deal. Just rerun it in the correct direction.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We got our awning fixed and it even though the motor would quit working making me think it was defective it turned out to have a bad control board. The new control board made it work and it now works BETTER than it ever has. Convenience RV Repair/Park in Willis, Tx did the repair under warranty.

Newuser

We bought our 3200RE in Dec. and just used it for the first time last weekend. We love having all that room. We liked the 3200 as soon as we looked at it. There was room for our daughter, her husband, and their little girl to stay with us. We are looking foreward to camping this weekend and most of the weekends for the rest of the summer.
We had two minor problems. Our fresh water tank would not completely fill and the cable and satellite hookups are wired backwards. They were easily solved. We had a bubble in the tank vent line. When the satellite is connected to the cable hookup it worked fine.

Tom_Diane

Its our first 5er and have had it since Sept, 09. Like the way it pulls and has plenty of room. Lots of of compliments on the layout. Also had some of the issues as others have mentioned but awning has worked fine, never an issue YET! We pull with a 2008 Chevy 2500HD 6.0 gasser with the 6 speed tranny and seems to be sufficient power to go where ever we please. Love the unit by the way.