Arctic Package Question

gunnere7

Does the Arctic Package increase the overall R value of the trailer roof/walls/floor? I am mainly wanting some help with the Texas heat but not cold. Does it help much with that? Thanks for the help

MTPockets

Yes, we have spent time in Texas heat. 2 months last year and one this year. Our Big Horn has the Yeti upgrade which adds some insulation in cap, but we also have the dual pane windows which does help too.

brianharrison

Does the Arctic Package increase the overall R value of the trailer roof/walls/floor? I am mainly wanting some help with the Texas heat but not cold. Does it help much with that? Thanks for the help

Previous thread that has some useful information --> Clicky

R38 foil insulation is added in Floors (incl slides) and front/rear caps. Nothing added to the roof/walls.

Brian

tboy

I have a 2013 Landmark Key Largo, I live in Florida and took it camping last week. The bedroom closet got very warm when the sun was shinning on the front cap, the air conditioning was on and I even left the closet doors open a little. When I got home I decided to take the shoe rack out of the wall in the closet, and to my surprise the fiberglass batt insulation had all fallen down to the bottom of the front cap. None of the insulation had been held in with any staples or adhesive, it was very hard to install all of it back in but I was able to do it. For such a Quality coach I feel they should watch for things like this, I love my coach and very proud of it, any one with access to look behind there wall in the closet should check it out, it was very easy to take the shoe rack out and look behind it.

Greengas

I have a 2013 Landmark Key Largo, I live in Florida and took it camping last week. The bedroom closet got very warm when the sun was shinning on the front cap, the air conditioning was on and I even left the closet doors open a little. When I got home I decided to take the shoe rack out of the wall in the closet, and to my surprise the fiberglass batt insulation had all fallen down to the bottom of the front cap. None of the insulation had been held in with any staples or adhesive, it was very hard to install all of it back in but I was able to do it. For such a Quality coach I feel they should watch for things like this, I love my coach and very proud of it, any one with access to look behind there wall in the closet should check it out, it was very easy to take the shoe rack out and look behind it.

Thanks for giving me something else to check my unit for. But, it will have to wait until it gets back from warranty service.

gunnere7

I was talking with a Heartland Rep and he told me that the insulation was also added to the roof. Was wondering if this was true since all I have read here says it isn't. Thanks

Just found a post from Mr AJ Jones that says there is added radiant insulation in the roof. So I guess I answered my own question. Thanks again.

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
With the Canadian artic package you add radiant insulation R38 insulation in the front cap, roof, floors, and slide out floors. The tanks have 110V heaters on them and the main water lines get 12v insulated wraps on them as well.

thanks,

AJ

MTPockets

With the Canadian artic package you add radiant insulation R38 insulation in the front cap, roof, floors, and slide out floors. The tanks have 110V heaters on them and the main water lines get 12v insulated wraps on them as well.

thanks,

AJ

"Canadian Artic Package" is this the same as the Yeti Pkg? And same insulation?

brianharrison

"Canadian Artic Package" is this the same as the Yeti Pkg? And same insulation?

There may be difference between the Canadian Artic (on Cyclone/Road Warrior) and the older version Yeti (on the Landmark/Bighorn?). I was unaware of the added roof foil. Possibly the Yeti is now including roof foil and they are the same?

You'd think that me being Canadian I should know this..... Too many changes to keep up with.... that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it....

Jim B? or Kary K? or Dan?

Brian

danemayer

I recall we've had this question before and AJ has confirmed that Canadian Arctic Package and Yeti Package are different names with the same content.

Hi

for or clarification, what is radiant insulation?

We have the two switches as well, one labeled Yeti and the one below that a lighted red yet unlabeled. From reading your posts, the red lighted 110 volt switch is to heat the tanks. We are at an RV park with weather hooked up and draining our grey lines to the ground. The sewage is closed until periodic honeywagon runs.

with the way we have it, it sound like I should not run the 110-volt tank heaters. Am I correct on that?

Alos, so, since I have seen poor construction quality on this brand new 2013-1/2 Cyclone, are there any visual ways to determine that the insulation is actually thicker then if I didn't get the Yeti package?

For instance wouldnt the the walls be thicker if more insulation was installed as part of the package?

thanks,

tim

danemayer

TimToolMan,

No the walls are not thicker. The Yeti package adds radiant barrier, which is a thin foil product that reflects radiant energy, in the front and rear caps and slideout floors.

When running the 110V tank heaters, you need to keep some water in each tank to avoid damage to the tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD