Are Bighorn rims rated for G tires

Pulltab

I have the 2925RK with aluminum rims, are they rated for a G-rate tire pressure? With all the problems with the chinese tires I am not sure I want to take the chance of a blowout.

C

Chulinw

Pulltab you will have to take a tire off and look on the inside of the rim to see what rating you have for the rim. Does your tires require 110 PSI cold? If not you most likely have the E rated rims.

Uncle Rog

Pulltab, my wheels are rated @ 3750# each. The rating is cast into the wheel on the hub side. You almost have to pull the wheel to see it. I would use the G rated tires regardless, as they have more steel and plies.

vangoes

Pulltab
My 3055 has E rated tires on the aluminum wheels also. If you lay under the trailer and look at the inside of the rim you can see the stamp sayin 110 # max pressure. That tells me the wheels are rated for G tires even though there are E rated on them. You do not need to pull the wheel to see the stamp.

Pulltab

Thanks guys, I ordered G rated. I had them on my last trailer and like them. I would rather have an over rated tire than run a rated at max. For my rv I only need to run 80psi max so I will be ok.

ChopperBill

Pulltab, I took mine to my dealer and he sold my four Load Stars for $200. Put them on a pretty light trailer. I told him to keep the money and have a pizza party for the crew. Never hurts to suck up to the folks that you depend on to fix your rig. None

vangoes

Pulltab,
Ya know what really hurts...............I have the karrier tires also and they have a little over 5,000 miles and they still look like they did when new. It really is painfull to put out > $1,000 for new tires because the paranoia has become so bad that I'm afraid to go anywhere. Ya wonder if the factory really realizes the resentment that is created with these inferior tires..............really, how many $$$ difference could there really be?

Pulltab

You said a mouthful there Vangoes, I am not pleased about spending a grand on tires for a brand new trailer but I would rather do that then have a huge repair needing done because of a tire failure. Doesn't matter who pays for it (as long as it is not me) it is just the fact of the damage being done and the time involved to repair it. I don't understand why the factory would go to such extends to improve the trailer and then let it roll on unreliable tires.

nhunter

I have 8000 miles on my factory tires without a problem( haven't even had to add any air). I actually saw the load rating/ air pressure on my rims tonight when I was shutting the valves on my water tank vents:rolleyes: . 3600RL 110psi/ G range

Pulltab

I concur, I pulled a couple of mine of to take in tomorrow to be switched to GY's and they also are rated 110psi.

ChopperBill

Pulltab said:
Goodyear dealer just called and my G's are in. Gonna get em mounted today or tomorrow. :)
I see you got your China Bombs for sale on the Heartland Forum. No respect for your fellow members? ;) I got $50 a piece at my local dealer. Now I have no connection to that fellow that is sitting along side of the road with his trailer blown to smithereens! None

Pulltab

ChopperBill said:
I see you got your China Bombs for sale on the Heartland Forum. No respect for your fellow members? ;) I got $50 a piece at my local dealer. Now I have no connection to that fellow that is sitting along side of the road with his trailer blown to smithereens! None

I suppose there are those who believe in the tires so here is an opportunity to stock up on them!:)