Are Disc Brakes A Option?

I know that LM is available with disc brakes and I hear BH is made on the same line. Is it possible to get them on a BH from the factory?

Now that would be great as many are talking about adding them after market.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I know that LM is available with disc brakes and I hear BH is made on the same line. Is it possible to get them on a BH from the factory?

Now that would be great as many are talking about adding them after market.

I believe they only offer on Landmark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

esscobra

they are not avail- I tried everyway- big country and landmarks are made on same line that's why so many floor plan similarities

get the heavier axle ad brake upgrade option - I have a 3760el longer and 1250lbs heavier than 3160 - and even on 3 the trailer is grabby and stops with no problems- I run between 2.5 and 3 on brake controller- the brakes are more than double the size of the 7k units- one of my friends owns a large trailer sales/mfg/parts company- showed me the 2 side by side- I will post pic of drums on my unit while getting goodyears installed tomorrow- discs are good and especially on heavier trailers- landmarks 18k+ - just from durability and parts availability - its hard to beat 8k upgrade- I was amazed at how well the unit stopped when I left dealer - I was worried after posts about brakes- he told me I would be more than happy with the 8k units and he would take my 8k units on trade if I felt I needed discs- but cant see having more stopping power- if its as big difference as the 7 to 8's- I don't think brake controller would go low enough

rhodies1

I believe they only offer on Landmark.

This is the problem with Heartland,they here about all the rv people converting to disc brakes and have been given many suggestions for this to be an option.
It seems as though if they don't think of it as an option then they will not offer it to the rv world,it's time for Heartland to listen to their customers and get there head out of the sand.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
This is the problem with Heartland,they here about all the rv people converting to disc brakes and have been given many suggestions for this to be an option.
It seems as though if they don't think of it as an option then they will not offer it to the rv world,it's time for Heartland to listen to their customers and get there head out of the sand.

Actually, I think it's a way to differentiate the brands. A few years ago, you could get a lot of the options of a Landmark on a BigHorn or Big Country -- and everyone complained they were all too similar. Now, the Landmark is definitely a step above, with options/features not available on the others. If you want to have those options, they are guiding you to buy a Landmark.

wdk450

When I went to the MorRyde service center in Elkhart for my disk brakes upgrade, I saw NEW other brand 5th wheel trailers being brought to the facility by the RV transport services there, then picked up when the upgrades were done, presumably to be taken to the new owners for delivery. You might explore this possibility with your selling dealer.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Call Ron Russell Performance Trailer Braking. One of his teams will come to wherever you are after your PDI and have taken possession. They'll install them in less than a day.
http://performancetrailerbraking.com/
Join the HOC to get special rally pricing and plan to attend a rally near you!!

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I read one of his threads about installing at an event. That's cool.

He had a crew at 2 NE rallies last year and his guy did a tri-axle RW at last month's PA rally. I know too he did an install in another several rigs in their driveway or storage lot.
It's great he comes right to you !!!