Are you serious???

rick_debbie_gallant

Jim:

you are welcome. Now if the factory would just put the "brass nipple" into the hot water heater and then put the BFP on that would be great. A brass BFP would even be better. Also, there was little if any saw dust behind the "wall" and on the floor. and to my surprise the converter was not on the basement floor, it was on the main floor and very easy to get to.

By the way, where should I send all of the extra duct work that I am going to remove? I will give it to you in the U.P. this weekend!!!

jbeletti

Jim:

you are welcome. Now if the factory would just put the "brass nipple" into the hot water heater and then put the BFP on that would be great. A brass BFP would even be better. Also, there was little if any saw dust behind the "wall" and on the floor. and to my surprise the converter was not on the basement floor, it was on the main floor and very easy to get to.

By the way, where should I send all of the extra duct work that I am going to remove? I will give it to you in the U.P. this weekend!!!

We are now putting the brass nipple into the water heater at all plants. So that is a done deal.

We are checking into the brass check valve. The current plastic check valve is supplied as part of a kit with the water heater bypass. We need to find out if we will run afoul of the warranty with the kit supplier if we change out their valve to brass. Also checking pricing etc.

I'd give this one a 50/50 chance of making it. Hope it does.

Give me the extra hose - seriously. I will give it back to the plant. Take a before and after picture please.

See you on Wednesday unless you are arriving later.

Jim

rick_debbie_gallant

Jim:
Keep doing the fine job that you are and putting the little fires out before they become big ones. We will be pulling in today (Tuesday). Not sure what time. I think we will be in slip 103.

jbeletti

Slip numbers now are they? I am in slip number 116 then :) Cone it off for me ;) I mean, set out the bumpers, I am docking soon.

rick_debbie_gallant

Aye mate, they be slip numbers:). Got to be, with all of the talk I here about navy showers, shore power, heads, galleys, cabins, boon-docking. And people having trouble with their sheets and holding tanks, etc... got to be slips. wait until you see the mast and sails that I have set up on my rig:D.

jbeletti

Well in that case, I added my mast just in time (attached). Just added it this afternoon. My sail is a beauty albeit small :)

Attachments

• flag_pole.jpg
    flag_pole.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 19

jbeletti

What parts are these?

It's a brass NPT fitting at the water heater output vs the plastic we used to use. Connected to that is a check valve or back-flow preventer. I assume that is used so water can't be pushed back into the water heater tank, thereby reducing the temperature. Anyway, we're looking into the possibility of using an all brass check valve.