ATF: Big Country - Big Country 3450ts Batteries

I just got my big country a few days ago and the dealer only put in one battery bit it has two battery boxes. I wanted to know if the big country 3450ts is supposed to come with two batteries seeing as how there are two battery boxes?

danemayer

Hi albritton78,

Congratulations on your Big Country purchase and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a lot of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

Our Landmark also has space for 2 batteries but came with one, which I believe is standard. If you want 2 batteries, I'd suggest asking the dealer to sell you a matching battery now. Mixing new and used batteries is said to not work well. Also, your rig may have come with a Group Size 24 deep cycle battery. If they fit, you'll probably do better with a pair of Group Size 27s. If you got a 24, maybe the dealer will trade up to a 27 since it's only a few days old.

You might find this link helpful when you're ready to add the necessary wiring. The battery info starts a little past 1/2 way down the page.

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I think that I will be adding a battery as I think it would help since we have the 6 point leveling system and it takes quite a bit of power for it to operate. Im sure I will be asking many more questions as I go.

Gizzy

Ours came with just one battery and it didn't take long to realize that we needed an upgrade. Decided to go ahead and get two 6 volt golf cart batteries and I believe it was the best decision. Just something to think about. On another note, I see you are also from AL. Hope you join the Heartland Owners Club and join a bunch of great folks down in Gulf Shores in April. Now that's REALLY something to think about!!

B

bwwalczak

Heartland leaves the batteries up to dealers. If they decide one or two. We design the Big Countrys with space and boxes for two batteries.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
My BH came with two maintenance free, series 24 Interstate batteries. Trace

VKTalley

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I think that I will be adding a battery as I think it would help since we have the 6 point leveling system and it takes quite a bit of power for it to operate. Im sure I will be asking many more questions as I go.

Welcome, Albritton, to the Heartland family! Ask all the questions you need to, everyone here is great about answering and helping.
I second Gizzy, come join us at the April Rally at Gulf Shores!