ATF: Big Country - Can't get parts

ghoffman

I had a tire blow out on my 2009 Big Country 33' and it damaged the passenger side fender. The dealer where I bought my 5th wheel dropped Heartland just before he sold to new owner.
I took my Big Country to the new dealer and he has been trying to get a new fender but he is having no luck. The dealer contacted Heartland parts, ordered the fender. After about three weeks he called the parts and they said the fender was shipped. Another three weeks went by and still no fender. Called parts and was told it was shipped.
Now I've been without a camper for two months and I'm wondering what to do.
Are there fenders available for my unit? Who can help me?
I'm not sure if the above is the VIN. SERIAL NUMBER IS:5SFGF33289E012745

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Let me get this straight.
Your camper has been sitting at the dealer for two months waiting on a fender?
I see no reason why you cannot be using your rig while waiting for that part.
It is not unusual for dealers to push back repairs.
I would give Heartland a call to verify that the parts have been shipped and when. Hve your VIN handy.

Peace
Dave

Jim.Allison

Same thing happend to me. Dealer thought that Heartland was jerking him around because his location was no longer a Heartland rep. His sister dealer in Houston was still a heartland rep. When the part did not show up, he called over and over getting the same answer "it has been shipped." He finally asked for another one and a tracking number. IT arrived but not before going through his sister dealership in Houston. This is body work not parts or warranty, there is no reason for this type of activity. And get this, tehy shipped the wrong part and had to ship it again.

Moral of the story, I will fix it myself in the future.

I had a tire blow out on my 2009 Big Country 33' and it damaged the passenger side fender. The dealer where I bought my 5th wheel dropped Heartland just before he sold to new owner.
I took my Big Country to the new dealer and he has been trying to get a new fender but he is having no luck. The dealer contacted Heartland parts, ordered the fender. After about three weeks he called the parts and they said the fender was shipped. Another three weeks went by and still no fender. Called parts and was told it was shipped.

Gaffer

Call Heartland with a good attitude and your VIN number. Ask for parts and get the whole story and a tracking number.