ATF: Big Country - Multiple Delamination Problems

KiwiRVer

My 2013 Big Country is suffering multiple delamination problems. At only 2 years old this is not acceptable. Most appeared while it was in storage over the last winter and in most cases are not in areas where normal caulking is the primary defence against water ingress such as under the speakers and under the fridge. I have inspected all of the other areas where the delamination has occured and cannot find any obvious cracks in the caulking.

I am sure someone is going to suggest I take it back to the dealer but as the dealer is over 1500mi away and I am unlikely to be anywhere near them in the next 5 years that is not an option. Equally I am unlikely to be anywhere near the factory in the next 5 years either.

I figure if I could find some big enough clamps (i.e. big enough to clamp the entire rig) I could inject some glue and clamp the walls however as this is impractical I am scratching my head as to how I can fix these problems. Any ideas?

danemayer

Since you've ruled out your selling dealer and the factory, perhaps you can find a local RV dealer, body shop, or boat repair shop.

jbeletti

Craig - consider contacting Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 and ask them where they may suggest you go in your area to have this looked at.

wdk450

Suggest you websearch "RV delamination repair" and check out the kit and 2 U-tube videos from a company called Composet Products. Maybe you can do this yourself without removing the whole side of the fiberglass.

KiwiRVer

Thanks Bill, I haven't been on the forum in a while hence my tardy reply. The info on the delam repair kit and video were very helpful. The method used was basically what I thought would have to be done but actually seeing it work is very encouraging.
Cheers
Craig

Had some delamination problem and my dealer said it had to go back to the factory. Called the factory and they said it was ridiculous to travel that far. Said find a dealer we trusted and they would work with them. Camping World fixed the problem and it didn't cost me anything. Think my dealer just didn't want to bother. Bob