ATF: Bighorn - 2015 Bighorn 3750FL Recall

We have completed the paperwork on this unit at LaMesa RV in Sanford, FL and are awaiting delivery. While on the forum I found a thread about the recall on this model. I would like to know if this particular unit is affected. I emailed the dealer the recall info from DOT site and asked the same question. the reply was only Heartland can answer that.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Its probably to late today to call HL. As far as I know all the 3570's that were on dealers lots had the recall done. It was not all 3570's...it was the early production units. Use the search box at the top and type in recall. I think that is has the VIN's# from what to what on the thread. If your dealer sells BH's he should know what VIN#'s were involved.

danemayer

We have completed the paperwork on this unit at LaMesa RV in Sanford, FL and are awaiting delivery. While on the forum I found a thread about the recall on this model. I would like to know if this particular unit is affected. I emailed the dealer the recall info from DOT site and asked the same question. the reply was only Heartland can answer that.

The recall says: 2015 Heartland Big Horn 3750FL vehicles manufactured September 3, 2014, to January 14, 2015

There should be a large sticker on the frame, toward the front, that has the date of manufacture. Simple matter for the dealer to look at the label. But if they don't know that it was sent out for repair, that's a very good indication that it wasn't in the recall.

jbeletti

Get the VIN and check it against the list of VINs in the PDF attached to this post to see if yours was one that was recalled and taken care of.

Thanks to all for the info! Checked against the list in the attachment and our unit wasn't one of the recalled units! Excited to be moving from the Cyclone to the Big Horn! :cool: