ATF: Bighorn - Another Six-Point Leveling question

WB9IIE

Ii recently purchased a 2013 BigHorn 3260 RE (new) from a dealer. The control panel for the leveling system is on the curb side of the storage compartment, which I thought was rather odd. Is it possible to have the Dealer's service department move the control to the LEFT side of the vehicle to facilitate coupling and uncoupling? Most other features in getting underway are from the driver's side.

Thanks.
Gary

danemayer

Hi WB9IIE,

You may have a rocker switch on the front off-door-side of the trailer that raises/lowers the front landing jacks. If no switches, there may be a remote control that operates the jacks. I believe that feature was introduced in 2012 so you could hitch/unhitch from the driver's side.

SeattleLion

Our 2014 3160 has both the remote and a switch on the driver side front exterior. I don't even open the basement until we are unhitched.

porthole

Retired
Ii recently purchased a 2013 BigHorn 3260 RE (new) from a dealer. The control panel for the leveling system is on the curb side of the storage compartment, which I thought was rather odd. Is it possible to have the Dealer's service department move the control to the LEFT side of the vehicle to facilitate coupling and uncoupling? Most other features in getting underway are from the driver's side.

Thanks.
Gary

For some reason They seem to like installing it on the curb side. When I had my LevelUp installed after the fact, curb side was the way Lippert was doing it. I had them leave the control and wire just coiled up in the basement and I did my own left side install.

When I talked to the Landmark brand manager last year I inquired about having it on the street side and was told no, they will not move it.

The new Landmark that was at Urbanna Rally last week has the Level up on the street side. Go figure :rolleyes:.

BTW, on my LevelUp there is sufficient excess wiring to install the control just about anywhere I wanted. So, perhaps behind the panels you have enough wire to also install it where it is better for you.