ATF: Bighorn - cracked fiberglass

Westwind

Some additional details and pictures wouldn't hurt, we are all curious about the resolutions to the crack.

We are to hear from the factory on thursday. I will share the resolution with everyone after we know something. We sent very detailed photos to them at their request. We are very anxious to hear back from them.

PeternLiane

I can't wait to hear more about it. I would love to hear why the fiberglass cracked and what the fix is.

BHEWITTJR

Had the same problem with ours. After talking, and sending pictures to Heartland they offered to fix both sides because there was another crack on the door side at the top near the awning. the only downside was they wanted to do the repairs at the factory. It was December,snowing,and over 600 miles but I enjoyed the ride.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We had a similar problem and they fixed ours and a few things I didn't ask to be fixed.

Heartland has always taken care of us beyond what other mfgrs would have attempted.

BC

They called late this afternoon. Hope to speak with them in detail in the morning. Wll keep everyone posted. Thanks to everyone for their comments.

Factory has offered to repair the cracks and the cause of them. They feel that a weld has broke. They have been very responsive to us. We will be taking it to the factory next month for the repairs. Will keep you posted after repairs are made.

Have a April 1. Appt at the factory to get fiberglass crack repaired. Glad we made the decision to purchase a Heartland product. We could not ask for more support. I was in the RV business for over 10 years on the retail side at a dealership and dealt with lots of factories and issues and my hats off to Heartland

TimnJo

Just wondering what the eventual outcome of this was, and if you have any details of the repair that was made.

I too have a crack at the lower rear corner of the bedroom slide and am nervous if in fact there is a broken weld.

Tim