ATF: Bighorn - Dimple crack in Gelcoat

rono

I washed and waxed our 2011 3070RL this weekend and while waxing the coach I noticed what looked to be a dimple in the passenger side of the coach underneath the bedroom window. Upon closer inspection I could see there were cracks in the gelcoat. How do I get this fixed? I'm concerned that this might get bigger. I can take pictures if needed. I didn't buy the coach from my local dealer so am a little relcutant to take this work to them.

Thanks

lcdrdean

If your unit is still under warranty, I suggest you get it fixed as soon as possible. I had the same thing happen to our unit in the same spot and it got bigger. My unit was NOT under warranty (we purchased it used from a dealer) and it cost me $2,000 to get it fixed. Turns out that a floor board in the bedroom had cracked and started pushing against the laminate until it finally tore a pretty big hole. Unfortunately, I again have a floor board in the bedroom that is creaking and giving again. And I am 5000 miles away from my dealer.

K

karykatz

Rono,

If you aren't comfortable taking to your local dealer, contact our customer service department 877-262-8032. They will help you find a dealer to help get this addressed. I hope this helps.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Take pictures of the cracks. Get it checked out asap as sometimes that is an indication of a crack in the frame. Hopefully not but it is likely to get worse so take care of it right away. I would contact Heartland customer service as Kary suggested.