ATF: Bighorn - Disappointed Heartland will not cover delamination past the 1 year warantee

rene_terry

Your post prompted me to have DH check our frig drain hose. In our Cyclone 3950 he found the frig drain hose just laying underneath the frig on the wood [no outside drain tapped] with a tag clearly marked that this hose needed to drain to the outside. Wonder who's in the factory running QC on the assembly process? A big thank you to Kenny for the post. DH says he'll post pics later of where he found it and what he did to fix....

rene_terry

Here are the pics for frig drain hose and repair. Terry wound up having to replace the hose as it had become brittle.

Attachments

• Original hose.JPG
    Original hose.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 167
  • End Cap Critter Protection.JPG
    End Cap Critter Protection.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 157
  • New Line.JPG
    New Line.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 155
  • New Line 2.JPG
    New Line 2.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 155
  • Inside drawer under frig.JPG
    Inside drawer under frig.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 151
  • Kitchen Slide exit.JPG
    Kitchen Slide exit.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 150

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Your post prompted me to have DH check our frig drain hose. In our Cyclone 3950 he found the frig drain hose just laying underneath the frig on the wood [no outside drain tapped] with a tag clearly marked that this hose needed to drain to the outside. Wonder who's in the factory running QC on the assembly process..
That hose is normaly run out through one of the venting holes in the vent cover.
I suspect that in a two year old coach, someone along the way, had that cover off and did not direct the drain hose out through the vent hole when putting the cover back on.
Just an observation.
Nice job on re routing the hose though.

Peace
Dave

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Where is that drain coming out on the coach? I can't place it from the final pic. Looks great, Btw!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
On our 5 year old BH I finally replaced the drain hose with a solid plastic one I bought at a RV store. The OEM drain hoses get very brittle in a short period of time.