ATF: Bighorn - Electric Hot Water Heater

Looking for suggestions... Our electric hot water heater stopped working. We've checked through the manual for troubleshooting solutions. Also checked the obvious, no flipped breakers, and we hit the reset button. The water heater works fine on the gas setting. Does anyone know what the problem may be?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Could be a burned out heating element. I have to ask, did you accidently turn on the heater without water in the tank? That will almost instantaneously burn the element out. Double check your breakers. Sometimes they trip, but look like they are still on. Locate the HWH breaker and physically turn it off then back on. I'm sure others will offeradditional suggestions soon. Good luck.

Have you checked the little on/off switch on the hot water tank? Don't remember if this is the whole tank or just the electric. Its easily overlooked!

K

karykatz

Agree with happy Camper. Make sure the little on/off switch on the water heater is on. It is a small switch in the lower left corner of the water heater outside access.

Hope this helps.

GOTTOYS

The neutral wire for mine became disconnected when the wire nut fell off. Check the wiring on the backside of the heater in the basement. Not saying this is the problem but it's possible...Don