ATF: Bighorn - Electric wires in 3160EL bathroom

twolanesoffreedom

TwoLanesOfFreedom
The mrs. wants to install a hand towel rack below the light switches in the bathroom of our 2016 3160EL. Is that a safe location? Surely don't want to damage an electrical wire! I haven't found an electrical diagram anywhere that confirms the flow of the wires. Thanks for your help!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I installed a towel rack and TP holder in our Horn many years ago with no problems. I used very short 3/16 molly fasteners. I would pull the light switch off the wall and see which way the wires run...up or down from the switch. Normally they do not run horizontal. One thing to remember...the walls are very thin plywood so you cannot use the towel racks as an assist bar.

twolanesoffreedom

TwoLanesOfFreedom
Thank you for the simple suggestion to just remove the wall plate and look. Yep the wire cames from above, so it was an easy mount below the plug.

I installed a towel rack and TP holder in our Horn many years ago with no problems. I used very short 3/16 molly fasteners. I would pull the light switch off the wall and see which way the wires run...up or down from the switch. Normally they do not run horizontal. One thing to remember...the walls are very thin plywood so you cannot use the towel racks as an assist bar.