ATF: Bighorn - Gray 1, Gray 2, Black water valves

lizzymit

I have a 2011 Heartland Bighorn 3610RE. Is there a plumbing diagram available that I can see what the valve size and numbers are and where to replace them?

Thanks

danemayer

The black tank outlet and main sewer outlet are 3" and the grays are 1-1/2". You can confirm this by measuring the PVC pipes coming out of your underbelly.

Why do you think you need to replace the gate valves?

GOTTOYS

Gray 1 and 2 are both leaking. Thanks for info
Mine have always leaked a small amount. They are a couple feet away from the sewer hose hookup. Best to put a spin on valve where the sewer hose hooks on and use that to keep from getting a shower when you remove the cap. I put mine on 5 years ago and never took it off. Should be standard equipment on a new trailer. If I ever buy another it will again be the first thing I ad....Don

lizzymit

Sounds like a great idea. Who makes the spin on valve? Is it at the very end of the flex house where my hose is in the swing arm?

Thanks again for your suggestions.

Tom

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Tom, HERE is the one that most people use.
It will be in place at the end of the hard 3" pipe from your tanks.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

I remember that swing arm. Never worked well for me so I took it off.

Here's an Amazon link to the twist-on valve.

Here's a link to a combination twist-on clear adapter with gate valve.

I have the first one always attached to the sewer outlet and during setup I attach the second one before hooking up the sewer hose. That lets me see what's coming out the sewer outlet. If there's a blockage when dumping the black tank, I can close the 2nd gate valve and use a hose to back flush the system.