ATF: Bighorn - Kitchen exhaust vent won't open

SeattleLion

I consider myself pretty good mechanically, but the exhaust vent has me bamboozled. I tried unlocking it by pulling the slides down...no luck, pushing up...same thing, pivoting...no deal. Ok I give up!

How do I open the locks? I am traveling this Friday on our maiden voyage and I have to be able to open the vent so we can cook.

Please help!!!!!! Pictures would be appreciated.

Bob and Kim

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Bob and Kim - we have to unlock the outside vent latches every time we use the microwave or convection oven. When we unlock the vent latches, it doesn't look like its unlatch until we run either the micro or convection. Then the vent is opened by the force of the air being pushed out by the unit. Hope this helps.

Al.K

Had the same issue with our 2014 3010RE. Its more an issue of understanding how the vent works. You have to push up and out at the bottom of the outside flap. I had to call Heartland to have a tech explain it to me. I was like you, I thought for sure I was going to break it. In my case I have to be ladder to reach the vent.

SeattleLion

Had the same issue with our 2014 3010RE. Its more an issue of understanding how the vent works. You have to push up and out at the bottom of the outside flap. I had to call Heartland to have a tech explain it to me. I was like you, I thought for sure I was going to break it. In my case I have to be ladder to reach the vent.

Thanks. Cary sent me pictures too. I will try again tonight. I never thought I would be stumped by a kitchen vent!