ATF: Bighorn - LCI Remote Control Programming

My LCI remote is only able to control the awning and was at one point controlling my hydraulic slides and landing gear. I tried to rearrange the order that the icons were in and now I can only get the awning to go in and out. The remote is kind of useless now and the fact that the unit didn't come with instructions on how to use the remote made it very difficult. I had to contact not only Heartland but the LCI manufacturer. According to the documentation I need to press a button on the receiver in order to sync the remote to the receiver so that I can get the remote to work again. I need to find the receiver unit but is has to have been placed behind a wall somewhere. Does anyone know where Heartland might have placed that receiver. I'm assuming it's behind a basement wall but I don't want to take my basement apart if I don't have to.

danemayer

Hi JanetJoaquin,

A few people have had to locate the receiver for one reason or another and I think it's always been found inside. There's an access panel inside one of your cabinets in the kitchen that's hard to see without a flashlight. It's probably a cabinet along the front of the kitchen, maybe near the steps to the bedroom. And you may have to empty the cabinets to find it. From past comments, it's just hard to see the panel.

Thank you danemayer, I've looked about everywhere I could pull a drawer (on steps) and through all vents. I even unscrewed my control panel hoping I could see something back there. Is this access panel something that slides out or will there be screw(s) that need to be removed? Do you think it will be in a cabinet that is low to the floor or high?

danemayer

I'm guessing based on prior posts. I think it could be a panel on the side wall of a cabinet and it would be held by screws. And I'd guess it's not far from the control panel and 12V fusebox.

Brazos

Not knowing what it might look like, this is only a guess. Behind the control panel there is a circuit board with 12v fuses. This circuit board with fuses being buried behind the control panel must be important. Is this the receiver we are looking for?

jbeletti

Not knowing what it might look like, this is only a guess. Behind the control panel there is a circuit board with 12v fuses. This circuit board with fuses being buried behind the control panel must be important. Is this the receiver we are looking for?

I believe the wireless controller board has a series of relays on it, an RF receiver and a short wire for an antenna. Mine on a previous coach was behind the switch panel.

08fxdl

Good morning. I have a similiar situation. Thanks to Jim, in one of his past posts, he provided instructions on how to program the remote. I will be following this post to see where the control panel is located.

dbbls59

It would help if you told us the model of your Bighorn. If is a 3585 I can tell you where it probably is. Look for what looks like a cold air return above the door that holds all the controls. That is where mine is.

08fxdl

Working on providing that information now. Didn't want to take over the OP's thread. 2015 BH 3010RE

Al.K

Look above the control panel. On our 2014 3010RE there is a panel held by a few screws. Hard to see at first. Take the screws out and the panel will slide out. You will have full access to the circuit board and the reset button. Also make sure your remote is charged. It holds the memory for the wireless system, and its functions. We had the same problem a couple times, and later had the circuit board replaced under warranty. Has been trouble free since then.

08fxdl

Look above the control panel. On our 2014 3010RE there is a panel held by a few screws. Hard to see at first. Take the screws out and the panel will slide out. You will have full access to the circuit board and the reset button. Also make sure your remote is charged. It holds the memory for the wireless system, and its functions. We had the same problem a couple times, and later had the circuit board replaced under warranty. Has been trouble free since then.

Thanks Al.K Will do.

Thanks for the help. I found the receiver behind the panel in the cabinet above the control panel. I also discovered that you should never rearrange the icons of the remote because the order depends on how the receiver is wired. The remote icons are there only to give that function a name. If you want to rearrange the order, you have to rewire the receiver and then rearrange the icons on the remote. This was for a 2015 3270RS.

Has anyone had a problem with the light not being wired into the receiver? The remote is supposed to turn on the entry stair light but it was not wired on my RV.

Finally, the bedroom slide out is wired but only clicks and won't move the slide with the remote. I checked to make sure that the correct wires were going to the receiver and it looks like they are. Should I switch the wires to a different function slot?

Last edited:

Rholou

Re: ATF: Bighorn - LCI Remote Control replacement battery

My lci touchscreen remote no longer charges, I was able to get it apart but do not know what kind of battery I need. Does anyone know what battery I can use. I really don't want to buy a new remote.

Thanks!

danemayer

then their must be some kind of cord with a usb on one end and what ever plugs in to the other end
I might be mistaken, but I think I remember a past comment about the cord being a standard micro USB like you would find on Android phones and many other USB powered devices.