ATF: Bighorn - Low Point Drains

Stosh

As a new Heartland owner this year, I cannot find the low point drains to my 2015 BigHorn 3010RE. I have looked underside, outdoor docking station, etc. Are there any? Just purchased in May of this year. They were located underside just forward of the tires on my other rig.
Thank You

danemayer

Hi Stosh,

You'll have a fresh water tank drain hose/valve that's probably located on the off-door side just in front of the axles. If you have a washing machine, you probably also have an overflow drain hose.

Low point drains were eliminated from Bighorns and most other models some years ago because of icing problems that could occur in cold weather. The water in the hose that sits between the coroplast and the drain valve freezes when temps drop. The ice can then wick up into the tee, blocking the water flow. If using your rig in sub freezing weather, you'll need to insulate and/or heat the fresh tank drain.

Sweenja1

How do you sanitize and drain the fresh water tank? I have a 2016 Bighorn 3760EL. Fully enclosed underbelly with the yeti package. There was some fresh water in the tank when I picked it up in May that is still in there. I would like to drain it out.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
There should be a drain hose on the ODS in front of the axles to drain the fresh water tank. Leave some water in the tank and add a little bleach.