ATF: Bighorn - Maximum Vinyl Flooring

Krogh

I ordered a 3760EL with the maximum vinyl flooring option. When the unit arrived at the dealer, the carpet was installed in the living room. I have not taken delivery yet. The dealer does not want to do anything about it, so I'm wondering if the vinyl flooring is installed underneath the carpet. Anyone able to advise if its just a matter of removing the carpet??

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I ordered a 3760EL with the maximum vinyl flooring option. When the unit arrived at the dealer, the carpet was installed in the living room. I have not taken delivery yet. The dealer does not want to do anything about it, so I'm wondering if the vinyl flooring is installed underneath the carpet. Anyone able to advise if its just a matter of removing the carpet??

Contact Heartland Customer Service: 877-262-8032, if you have the VIN of the unit you can find out if it was ordered correctly by the dealer. Sounds suspicious that they don't want to "do anything", are they trying to sell you a unit that was not the one you ordered?

Heartland can also tell you if there is vinyl under the carpet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DougS

Doug S
To your question, if there is carpet in the living area, chances are the vinyl only goes 1-2 feet under the carpet. Even if the carpet went to the back wall, there would be too many staples in to use.

Krogh

Contact Heartland Customer Service: 877-262-8032, if you have the VIN of the unit you can find out if it was ordered correctly by the dealer. Sounds suspicious that they don't want to "do anything", are they trying to sell you a unit that was not the one you ordered?

Heartland can also tell you if there is vinyl under the carpet.

Thanks for the number. I will be calling in the morning. I was really taken aback by the dealers "won't do anything about it response". I could live with the carpet, but to respond to a customer like that is unacceptable.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
To your question, if there is carpet in the living area, chances are the vinyl only goes 1-2 feet under the carpet. Even if the carpet went to the back wall, there would be too many staples in to use.

Yes. This is what we were shown when we toured the plant in April.

TxCowboy

Thanks for the number. I will be calling in the morning. I was really taken aback by the dealers "won't do anything about it response". I could live with the carpet, but to respond to a customer like that is unacceptable.

Any dealer that treated me like that would NOT have my business. Too many good RV dealers in Florida to put up with that nonsense. I can't imagine what the "after sale" service would be like.

Walk out and find a new dealer.

DougS

Doug S
Just ordered a BH 3160 EL with full vinyl flooring on Friday and after reading your post I called HL rep and was told the order was processed with full vinyl. Keeping my fingers crossed till build date of Nov. 16 that the unit comes through correct.

buddyboy

The fact that the dealer says they won't do anything about it tells me that it was ordered incorrectly. After you contact Heartland, please let everyone know what actually happened. But don't take delivery if it's not what you wanted.

Birchwood

Yes what you describe is correct

Bryced15

We had the exact same thing happen with our special ordered Landmark Newport. We had even had Mor/Ryde IS installed on the coach before coming to our dealer. There was no way to rectify the situation other than starting over and ordering another new unit. Took another 10 weeks for second order to arrive. It's a frustrating situation for sure, but we we would rather wait for what we wanted than make do and regret. Luckily we have a great dealer that made everything right.

Birchwood

Its a big job to remove the carpeting as its under the walls.To order a unit with all vinyl would be a special order and would cost extra because thats not what they do!!!
They are hoping you will accept the rig,dealer remove the carpet,install the new vinyl and you live with the fact that its not factory.
No way I would accept !!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I would take it only if there was a significant price drop for accepting a unit that was incorrectly ordered -- or, adding something to the unit that is of significant cost, as a goodwill gesture for their error.

Krogh

I just got ahold of heartland customer service and was told that the maximum vinyl flooring option was not on thier invoice. I have the dealer paperwork where i indicated the option, but I did so by hand writing it in on the final signature build sheet. I told the dealer about my call to HL customer service and that I am awaiting a satisfactory response.

DougS

Doug S
After reading this thread a couple of days ago I decided to call HL about max flooring on my order. I was told by sales rep, who put the work order in, that the max flooring and a couple of other items were on the build sheet. I just got a call from the salesperson that she received an email from rep about my call and the max flooring is on the build sheet.
So I am hopeful all items will be in the BH, but I am still keeping
my fingers crossed.

jbeletti

I just got ahold of heartland customer service and was told that the maximum vinyl flooring option was not on thier invoice. I have the dealer paperwork where i indicated the option, but I did so by hand writing it in on the final signature build sheet. I told the dealer about my call to HL customer service and that I am awaiting a satisfactory response.

An error was clearly made here and not on your part.

When the dealer communicates the order to Heartland, Heartland keys it into their system and confirms back to the dealer. That's the dealer's opportunity to proof the order and advise immediately of any discrepancies and changes that need to be made.

Who made the error is really academic to you. You just want the coach you ordered. I don't have any words of wisdom for you here are there are really only two choices. Wishing you the best in resolving this.

Krogh

Thanks. You are all very kind. I could live withe the carpet. I'm not going to let this keep me from enjoying my fully optioned, full body paint RV. At this point all I really need is acknowledgment from the dealership that they handled this poorly, and maybe a break on some vinyl flooring in a couple of years when the carpet starts looking rough.

buddyboy

After reading this thread a couple of days ago I decided to call HL about max flooring on my order. I was told by sales rep, who put the work order in, that the max flooring and a couple of other items were on the build sheet. I just got a call from the salesperson that she received an email from rep about my call and the max flooring is on the build sheet.
So I am hopeful all items will be in the BH, but I am still keeping
my fingers crossed.

So, you know that Heartland is communicating with your dealer and your dealer is communicating with you. That's a great indicator to me that you will get what you ordered. It's normally when there is dead silence that I worry.

Krogh

Below is the email I got from my salesmen this morning. I have one problem with my RV having carpet in the living room rather than vinyl and he wants to give my deposit back. I hand wrote on my build sheet maximum vinyl flooring which is completely seperate from the plank wood flooring. I'm calling the manager in the morning. I'll post the dealership depending on how I'm treated by the manager.

Ryan,

This is what you ordered:

"PLANK WOOD STYLE" VINYL FLOORING

Heartland called and said they stopped offering this flooring. Camping World asked for as little carpet as possible.

I will get with our general manager to see about refunding your deposit.

danemayer

Below is the email I got from my salesmen this morning. I have one problem with my RV having carpet in the living room rather than vinyl and he wants to give my deposit back. I hand wrote on my build sheet maximum vinyl flooring which is completely seperate from the plank wood flooring. I'm calling the manager in the morning. I'll post the dealership depending on how I'm treated by the manager.

Ryan,

This is what you ordered:

"PLANK WOOD STYLE" VINYL FLOORING

Heartland called and said they stopped offering this flooring. Camping World asked for as little carpet as possible.

I will get with our general manager to see about refunding your deposit.

Sounds like the person processing your order at the dealership (maybe the sale person) didn't understand what you were ordering.