ATF: Bighorn - Roof Question

We cleaned and treated the roof of our 3570RS for the first time yesterday (picked up unit end of March). We noticed a small "bubble" of the roofing material about the size of a fingernail with a hole on the side. My husband was sweeping off the roof and thought he swept off a stick by this bubble with the hole in it. I thought it looked like a plastic tube sticking out of the hole. Our question: Is there something near the front of the roof on the side with the door that has a plastic tube that we could have knocked off? If not then it was probably a stick. We did have a branch land on the corner, no damage, so it's possible it poked a small hole and was stuck in the roofing material and we can just seal it. Since we can't find anything on the ground and it happened in a split second we aren't sure what it was.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I'm not sure what you treated the roof with....but if your roof material is EMPD....the manufacturer does not recommend using anything on it except washing it with "Dawn" liquid soap. If it's a small hole, seal it with some good caulking or eterna- bond tape.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The smallest plastic item sticking out of the roof that I know of is about two inches. Holding tank vents.
If you have a small hole, do as Bob suggested. Seal it with some Eternabond tape.
A coat of Dicor self leveling sealant over the Eternabond would not hurt, but not necessary.

Peace
Dave

Yes, that's what I read in the manual but when I talked to customer service at Heartland they told me to call the manufacturer, Dicor, which I did. They suggested a "Roof-Gard" after cleaning. But my question is about the "thing" we swept off the roof. Is there a small plastic tube about 2 - 3 inches long stick out of the roof? It didn't stick straight up but laid across the roof. Again it may have just been a stick and we need to patch the spot as you suggested.