ATF: Bighorn - Sattelite Dish Install

vista268

Does anyone know where the roof coax cables are hidden and if there is a roof backer plate on a 2011 Bighorn 3185RL? Any help is greatly appreciated!

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Welcome to the forum!

I can't answer your question with specifics, but the pre-wiring we have used was in the ceiling near the front closet. If you haven't checked yet and until one fo the guys who does this stuff all the time pops in here, there is a section of the forum where wiring diagrams can be found. If you look under ther Tools Tab at the top of the forum page there is a section called Heartland Owners Manuals. What you are looking for may be in there.

Good luck, especially since I'm not really any help. :eek:)

Kristy

sjandbj

Vista268,
you can get the entire information from Heartland that will match your vin number if you call customer service tomorrow. But there is information in one of these post that show the baker plate. I found the roof wiring in my bedroom. There was a single box cover in the roof that when removed was empty. I had to remove a little bit of the foam then the wire was visible it was a pain to find and even a bigger pain to ret out but both wires were up there. I have yet to find the other end of the Wingard wiring harness though. Hope this helps a little bit.

Regards,
Steve

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I believe that in your 2011 3185 you will find the coax hidden behind a speaker in the bedroom ceiling.
I don't know which one, but it might be the one across from the crank up antenna.

Peace
Dave

vista268

Thanks everyone for your reply. Been there done that. I have that schematic but didn't find the cables in either of the speaker holes. I guess I will have to rip out more foam insulation and dig deeper. Thought it would be right there once the speaker was removed.