ATF: Bighorn - slide outs

alethaj

It seems that our Slide outs in the living room of our 3755FL do not seem to go out all the way...we can put our fingers between the wall and the back of the slide..is this normal or is there anyway we can adjust the cable slide system to open the slide all the way?

rono

If it's not the gasket then when you start to take the slide in or out does it take a little bit before it starts to move. Ours was doing that and the ram nut on the ram was coming loose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AAdams

If the slides are electric it may seem to have more of a gap around the outer portion of the slide out trim. If you look at this post #3 you will see pictures of a electric slide out that there are cables that run up the wall then they would build the frame over that thus giving the illusion that it has not opened all the way. If HL would make the trim board thicker then cut a groove out for the mechanism it would look better, but add weight and cost. Also I can stick my fingers behind all my slides.

jimtoo

Just for fun,,, pull slide in about 6" and look under the slide with a flashlight from the end and make sure nothing has fallen on floor and holding it from going all the way out.

Jim M