ATF: Bighorn - Slide's Rack & Pinion misaligned

Ziarig

One of the rear rack and pinions on my 3585's kitchen slide is misaligned. The rack's teeth are not centered on the pinion gear, rather approximately 20 percent of the rack teeth's surface area is not coming in contact with the pinion gear. The welded to the frame bracket holding the pinion gear is also the guide for the rack and there appears to be no room for adjustment. I have attached a photo of the misaligned rack and pinion gear. All of my other rack and pinion's are centered. What is the suggested fix?

Thank you for your time.

3585 rack and pinion.jpg

Attachments

• 3585 rack and pinion.pdf
    910.4 KB · Views: 39
Last edited by a moderator:

Garypowell

There might be some expert that chimes in (not me) but I think of these gears as "guides". They are not powered by anything. Unless someone writes in that is an expert about the only thing you can do is contact HL or better yet whoever made the slide mechanism ....they should know.

You don't list any specific complaint so if it is working OK you probably don't have a problem.

it does look like you could use some lubricant

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Slides do have slight side to side adjustment. However, if you have someone move the slide sideways.....will the side slide seals still make good contact with both sides of the slide. I would say to you...if the slide works OK...does not make funny noises or twist when moving. I would leave it alone...at least for now and watch it closely. BTW, I use motorcycle chain lube on mine.