ATF: Bighorn - Trailer Brakes

Aandaar

I currently don't have access to my unit but can someone tell me what type of brake system is on the 3970RD. Full Electric or Electric/Hydraulic? I do have the upgraded axles.

sengli

Unless you ordered something as an option, you would have electric brakes. Electric hydraulic would be if you had some disc brake option added.

danemayer

Landmark offers disc brakes as an option with MSRP of $3192. For Bighorn, it's not listed as an option. You might be able to request a special build including disc brakes.

But if you had done that and paid $3192 extra for it, I suppose you wouldn't have to ask.

Aandaar

Thanks for reply. Figured as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuck, Victoria, and Miss Callie

OilingRocks

I currently don't have access to my unit but can someone tell me what type of brake system is on the 3970RD. Full Electric or Electric/Hydraulic? I do have the upgraded axles.

Having the upgraded Axles means you selected this special build option. Not sure what means exactly...
"12.25 X 3.375 UPGRADED BRAKES W/ E-Z LUBE AXLES (8,000 LB AXLES but the GVWR does NOT change)"

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I don't believe you can order hydraulic brakes from Heartland directly. There is a way I believe to coordinate through your dealer to have MorRyde hydraulics added after the build, but I have really only seen this done (via forum posts) on Landmarks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk