ATF: Bighorn - TV Cable/Satellite Hookups

Snowbirds

We are just preparing our new 2014 Bighorn 3585RL for our winter journey South and are stumped by which connection inside the trailer is for cable and which for satellite. There are no markings on the brown connector plate. The top connection does play the TV when the antenna is up. I'd appeciate any help on this.

danemayer

Cable and antenna share the same coax line inside the trailer. So the connection that works for antenna will also work for cable. The other one is for satellite. When you switch from antenna to cable, you'll need to turn off the signal booster which is usually located with the bedroom connections.

Theresau

To switch to satellite in the bedroom, you should have a spot in the left closet below the mirrored cabinet where you would move the coax cable.

We are just preparing our new 2014 Bighorn 3585RL for our winter journey South and are stumped by which connection inside the trailer is for cable and which for satellite. There are no markings on the brown connector plate. The top connection does play the TV when the antenna is up. I'd appeciate any help on this.

Snowbirds

Thanks guys, We're okay now with the cable/satellite in the living room but now the bedroom tv is showing no signal. I have the power on the antenna and it works the living room tv. Hopefully it's just a problem with the hookup from the tv to the wall connector. Anyone else had this problem? Thanks..

danemayer

As Theresau mentioned, there's probably a panel in the closet with two coax connectors: one for satellite and the other for Cable/antenna. There's also a jumper cable that goes to a 2nd panel. The 2nd panel goes to the bedroom TV coax connector. The jumper has to connect Cable/antenna to the 2nd panel.

And of course you have to set the TV menu selections to receiver over the air signals or cable signals and do a channel scan.