ATF: Bighorn - Water Pressure

mshunter51

Does every RV get tested for water pressure when at the factory. It says on my water inlet 100psi Max... is this true? I bought my Big Horn in Nov. 2011 ..it is a 2012 3610RE I have had it out 5 times now, and in for warranty work for water leaks twice now. I use a 45 to 50 psi water reg. I should be able to run up to 95 psi according to whats on the inlet. water bib. Yes I am unhappy about this. We are planning on being full time RVer's and want our new RV to work right. What should I do???

jnbhobe

Go into the basement and tighted all the connections then check the kitchen and bathroom fittings and drains. I did this when my rig was new and never had another problem. I have had to do it to every new rig I've had.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I agree with Jon. Remember, your rig had never been towed until you received it. All fitting were tight in assemble....but....being a rolling earthquake, things will get loose and need to be checked. Your dealer should have checked all this before you picked it up.

brianharrison

I would not run 90 psi on a RV water system. The lines are made to withstand an operating pressure up to 100 psi, however the fittings and connection are always the weakest link and will leak at a much lower pressure.

I set my regulator to 40 psi and live with the water pressure. My peace of mind to NOT have a leak.

Brian