ATF: Bighorn - What can be left in RV @ Factory??

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
We will be taking our 3670RL to the factory to get it worked on (broken welds). What areas should be "emptied" of personal items? I'm thinking the bedroom closet area should be empty since they will be removing the front cap...but are there other locations that should also be empty?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
they will need that closet empty but don't forget the refrigerator. We lost a refrigerator full of food when they worked on ours because it may not be plugged in or turned on all the time.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We were told, "Remove anything that isn't original equipment". I am taking that to mean, anything you don't want to get damaged or go missing.

Not that something would happen, but I don't want any issues! (Headed there in March.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lance & Jo

Ours was done in 2011, we are fulltimers and the trailer is naturally full of "stuff". The repair required the removal of the front cap and the forward half of the ODS to repair welds and a crack in the sidewall. Work was done Wed afternoon through Mon morning. We had to unload the under bed storage area and move the mattress as the slide had to be reomoved and most of the floor of the closet area because of work around the pin box. The trailer stayed pluged in and we lost nothing in the fridge. I know it's easier to look at this in hindsight but those guys have done a lot of frame repairs and they know what they are doing. I would suggest you talk to your customer service rep and get a brief on just how they want you to prepare.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
monica-don, also try to have the front storage compartment empty. When your rig is completed, make sure you plug in the trailer lights/brake connection and check all the lights and trailer brakes. A wiring loom that runs up through the frame (door side) has to be drilled into and some hidden wires could get damaged. This isn't noticeable till you connect the rig to your truck and check the lights.

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Thanks for all the information. Since Don & I are going from Elkhart to the Sweetheart Rally in Kerrville, Texas we need to take some of our "stuff" along. There's just so much we can pack in the bed of the truck while the rig is being worked on. We will need to leave some things in the rig (kitchen area mainly). We can't do anything about the satelite dish on the roof...hopefully it will be ok, they are probably used to that sort of thing being there. We won't be using it between now & then so it will stay winterized & tanks/fridge empty. It's going to be one heck of a hotel bill!!

n2snow2

Thanks for all the information. Since Don & I are going from Elkhart to the Sweetheart Rally in Kerrville, Texas we need to take some of our "stuff" along. There's just so much we can pack in the bed of the truck while the rig is being worked on. We will need to leave some things in the rig (kitchen area mainly). We can't do anything about the satelite dish on the roof...hopefully it will be ok, they are probably used to that sort of thing being there. We won't be using it between now & then so it will stay winterized & tanks/fridge empty. It's going to be one heck of a hotel bill!!
good luck they have had mine there for broken welds for a month so far i called now they wont be starting on it till after dec.has anyone ever had any luck having heartland extend there warranty for the time they have the trailer so far they have had it all together about 5 months of my warrenty used it twice but its always something that turns into a big deal or i take it in and they forgot to fix something i took it in for the awning not working took 2 weeks and then i get a call from factory that says they need my trailer in elkhart for frame problems so much for going south this winter...

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
You can stay at the Jamison Inn on Hwy 19 and the toll road. Tell them you are getting your Heartland product worked on and they will give you the Heartland discount. We stayed there for 10 days a year and a half ago. BTW they do allow pets to stay in the room with you there.