ATF: Cyclone - 2012 Cyclone 300C questions

Hello,

I have a few questions.

1) There is a TV connector inside outdoor shower connections labelled, "satellite feed from roof coil (LNB1)". Where is this cable on the roof located?

2) Is the side ladder illegal to keep attached to the side during travel? I live in California and it appears the 300C is 8.5' wide without the ladder attached.

3) I want to use a Tyvec cover to shield the fiberglass from the sun. Will a tyvec cover cause the fiberglass to delaminate or blister? I was told that these covers hold in the heat in the summer and any defects in the glue can cause delaminating.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Hengie, welcome to the Socal chapter. The cable goes to the TV from the UCD. The cables are located in the BR roof but are only used if you install a satellite dome or dish on the roof. As far as the ladder, I would remove it to travel. Ya never know what could happen. Don't want to rip holes in the side of your new rig. As to the cover, I would get any type that will breath. Gets hot here in Temecula/Murrieta.

jbeletti

...There is a TV connector inside outdoor shower connections labelled, "satellite feed from roof coil (LNB1)". Where is this cable on the roof located?...

Not sure where on the CY product, but on the Landmark product, the satellite coax on the roof can be located by removing one of the bedroom ceiling speakers. The wire(s) is/are coiled up above it. It's usually the speaker closest to the rear of the coach.

Try that, or make a quick call to Customer Service for them to look it up - 877-262-8032

Jim

porthole

Retired
Is the side ladder illegal to keep attached to the side during travel? I live in California and it appears the 300C is 8.5' wide without the ladder attached.

The trailer is 8.5' wide, but that measurement does not include the ladder. And, "APPURTENANCES" (e.g. ladder) are not counted towards that 8.5' max rating.

That said, short trips I will leave the ladder on, but any extended trips it comes off. Unmanned toll booths that still have collection baskets can sometimes be a challenge with the ladder still attached.

The ladder sticks out an extra 8" or so. It is just as easy to take it off.

Thanks for all the responses! I thought I would get an email from the forum if there was any response. I decided to check the forums and finally saw all the responses. I agree with the ladder. Its just so long that its hard to find a place in the garage. I stow it on a angle so i fits. First trip was a ski trip to Mammoth Mountain. It did excellent getting down to 18 degrees at night!