ATF: Cyclone - 2017 cyclone 3513 questions

2017 cyclone 3513, just purchased, but some items are unclear even the dealership (La mesa RV) does not know.

the fresh water selector switch has a "normal" and a "city" position. What is the difference?

In the control panel are 2 switches side by side at the bottom right.
What are they for??

There are 2 fuel fill caps, one for the generator and one for the filling station. which is the filling station? front or rear?

When turning on the radio in the garage, the garage speakers and the outside speakers work. How do I use only the garage or only the outside speakers?

in the kitchen/living area, above the couch are 2 speakers. they do not work with the tv. What are they for and how to use them?

jimtoo

Hi carbjetkits,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other owners will jump in with some help for you soon.

Jim M

danemayer

2017 cyclone 3513, just purchased, but some items are unclear even the dealership (La mesa RV) does not know.

the fresh water selector switch has a "normal" and a "city" position. What is the difference?

CITY is for when you have a hose connected to a water supply at the campground. NORMAL is for when you want to turn on the water pump and use the water in the fresh water tank. TANK is the setting to fill the fresh tank from a hose. SANITIZE/WINTERIZE is to route antifreeze or a bleach solution from the water inlet through the pump, to the fixtures in the trailer.

If you have a 2016 or 2017 model, you could just leave it set to CITY most of the time. The valve has dual pathways so that on CITY, the pump will also draw water out of the fresh tank. And on NORMAL, city water will still work.

We have some owner-written User Guides you might find helpful. Here's a link. You can also get to them by clicking on the TOOLS tab at top of page and selecting HUG - Heartland User Guides.

alwaysbusy

In the control panel are 2 switches side by side at the bottom right.
What are they for??

There are 2 fuel fill caps, one for the generator and one for the filling station. which is the filling station? front or rear?

When turning on the radio in the garage, the garage speakers and the outside speakers work. How do I use only the garage or only the outside speakers?

in the kitchen/living area, above the couch are 2 speakers. they do not work with the tv. What are they for and how to use them?

Hi Carbjetkits, I may be able to help you a little. As wired, the two speakers above couch work only when utilizing your blue ray player. The player's remote also controls all the surround sound speaker settings. While I have not personally done, you can wire the system so it works with both the tv and player. I believe you can find some forum manuals to aid you on doing so.

The garage stereo system head controls left/right speaker via the "balance" setting. Outside/inside speakers are controlled via the "fader" setting which designates outside/inside as front/rear. Balance and fader can be accessed two different ways; the easiest is to turn the volumn knob one click (you'll see the word "volumn" appear in very fine print at top. Before the word "volumn" disappears, press the same large round volumn knob in repeatedly until the tiny "volumn" word changes to balance or fader. Once selected, turn the large knob to change.

Look underneath your coach behind the fuel fill caps and you will see the two separate fuel tanks. The narrow one is 20 gallons, the wider one is 30. Whichever tank is front, will be the front cap. The rear tank will be the rear cap. Your pump draws from the 30, gen from 20.

The only two switches in ours that are alone and in a corner are black in color. One controls the kitchen light over the sink, the other controls the LED light above the same. Yours may be different but only two switches I can think of from your description.

x2 on what Dan the man already said on the Anderson valve.

alwaysbusy

Thank you for your replies.

When hooked up to a water source > set to CITY

There are 2 sets o 2 switches, got all lights working, but the 2 indicated on the picture are doing nothing, no lights at least.

It is a 2017 cyclone 3513..

http://carbjetkits.com/images/20161213_132359_Ink_LI.jpg

Carb,
I only have one set of two switches and not two sets like you have, but we do have different models even though much is the same. As you see throughout the coach, these black rocker switches control lights. If you can't find any that are controlled by these, call Heartland Customer Service and maybe provide them your pic for explanation. Have the last 6 of your VIN when you call.

Yes, when hooked up to water, the Anderson valve should be on city. As Dan said, when your not hooked up to water, your water pump will pull from the fresh tanks with the Anderson on city as well. In short, you can pull from your fresh tanks with the Anderson on city or normal.

Todster

I have the same identical rig. Not sure as I'm not at home right now, but one may control the lights in the bunk area? Will check for you when I get home.

Agreed on the thumb drive and paperwork. About 95% wrong. All the way down to the converter. But turns out it was a better model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same identical rig. Not sure as I'm not at home right now, but one may control the lights in the bunk area? Will check for you when I get home.

Agreed on the thumb drive and paperwork. About 95% wrong. All the way down to the converter. But turns out it was a better model

I think the loft has the push button lights.
The garage has its own switches located in the garage.
as soon as I find out what they are for, will post here.

maybe the prewired camera has a switch now?? jut a wild guess........

and agreed the 3513 is awesome!

Todster

c9128eee6cd234de28a4011f91df0ee4.jpg

Left to right of the EXTRA switches. 1 light above fridge leds. 2 loft/bunk light and yes they have the ultimate off by pressing the button in the center (5 year old showed me that one). 3 kitchen sink ceiling light. 4 kitchen sink pendant lights.

For the life of me I cannot figure out why a tag would be so hard to add.

Todster

Oh it makes you feel any better my drivers side flood and ods floods are backwards too. Our generator hour meter also kept track of time while the genny wasn't runnning. They replaced that onsite. Oh the fun. It's like where's Waldo next?

One step closer...

One of the switches is indeed for the loft, the push button needs to be on.

Now, I do not have LED's above or near the fridge.

so, one mystery switch is still out there..

Seems like there are no standards when they build this cyclones, they are similar, but not exact.

and we are labeling everything with our dymo label maker.
even the grey and black water valves, since that was a mystery also.

I guess my name for the 3513 is going to be "Mystery toy hauler"

on another issue...the 6 point auto leveling system.. to auto retract, you need to push Left and right at the same time, connect to the truck, push UP twice and hit Enter... wonder what the "Retract" button is for...

LBR

We had 2 mystery switches for awhile also in our CY....one was the loft lights.

The other was an entry light.... between the microwave and entry door under the lowest cabinet. We never saw this light until sitting down on couch and noticed it...bingo, that was it. It was just like the loft lights with a push button lens and was turned off, so never lit when the mystery switch was turned on.

alwaysbusy

One step closer...

One of the switches is indeed for the loft, the push button needs to be on.

Now, I do not have LED's above or near the fridge.

so, one mystery switch is still out there..

Seems like there are no standards when they build this cyclones, they are similar, but not exact.

and we are labeling everything with our dymo label maker.
even the grey and black water valves, since that was a mystery also.

I guess my name for the 3513 is going to be "Mystery toy hauler"

on another issue...the 6 point auto leveling system.. to auto retract, you need to push Left and right at the same time, connect to the truck, push UP twice and hit Enter... wonder what the "Retract" button is for...

The "Retract" button is used for manual operation. When you press it, the light next to it will illuminate. You can then control each level independently by pressing front, rear, left or right.

Todster

Carb. Does there appear to be an led strip glued to the exterior wall behind the fridge and oven slideout on the top? This is what I was referring to. Full width of the slide, attached to 12v on the left and almost spray glued to the exterior wall. You can see it clearly when the slide is pulled in.

It's for indirect ceiling lighting above the slide per sae

Todd

just got back from a short "test" camping trip.
The mystery switch is still a mystery...
A more important issue is the furnace.

I selected the furnace on 2 of the thermostats and raised the temperature.

Even in Florida it gets a bit cool at night ....at times.
anyways, no heat at all.

Water-heater was set on electric , but i also turned on the LPG switch for the water heater, still no heat, not even kicking on...fan set on auto.

The furnace is separate from the water heater, no pilot light or door that can be opened like the water heater.

I do not see a switch or anything to turn the furnace on anywhere..
I know i must be missing something

and yes the LPG bottle is open, we used the stove, so there is gas.

danemayer

just got back from a short "test" camping trip.
The mystery switch is still a mystery...
A more important issue is the furnace.

I selected the furnace on 2 of the thermostats and raised the temperature.

Even in Florida it gets a bit cool at night ....at times.
anyways, no heat at all.

Water-heater was set on electric , but i also turned on the LPG switch for the water heater, still no heat, not even kicking on...fan set on auto.

The furnace is separate from the water heater, no pilot light or door that can be opened like the water heater.

I do not see a switch or anything to turn the furnace on anywhere..
I know i must be missing something

and yes the LPG bottle is open, we used the stove, so there is gas.

One of the thermostats controls the furnace and needs to be set to HEAT. If the ambient temperature is a couple of degrees below the set point on the thermostat, the furnace blower should immediately kick on. After 20-25 seconds, there should be an ignition attempt (electronic ignition - no pilot).

If the blower doesn't come on, and you've tried all thermostats (one for each air conditioner), check the fuse box for a blown fuse. Sometimes you can tell visually by way of an LED light next to a blown fuse, if there's a load on the circuit. Sometimes you have to visually inspect fuses. Sometimes you have to check with an ohm meter.

alwaysbusy

One of the thermostats controls the furnace and needs to be set to HEAT. If the ambient temperature is a couple of degrees below the set point on the thermostat, the furnace blower should immediately kick on. After 20-25 seconds, there should be an ignition attempt (electronic ignition - no pilot).

If the blower doesn't come on, and you've tried all thermostats (one for each air conditioner), check the fuse box for a blown fuse. Sometimes you can tell visually by way of an LED light next to a blown fuse, if there's a load on the circuit. Sometimes you have to visually inspect fuses. Sometimes you have to check with an ohm meter.

Carb,
As Dan said above, only one thermostat is going to control the furnace. Your Clone is a three zone system; the upstairs master thermostat should control the furnace for the entire coach. The garage heat strip is also controlled by only one thermostat which is the one in the garage. I don't recall if you said how many A/C's you have; however, each thermostat controls a unit if you have 3. Always be mindful of your fan settings.

Thanks Guys,

I have not tried with the bedroom control, but will do so the next cool night.
Indeed, only the garage Control gives the option of the heat strip. ( heat strip is an overstatement tho)

all 3 controls give the option of heat furnace... i will set all 3 on furnace and see if the blower kicks on, if not i will check fuses.