ATF: Cyclone - 2nd and third a/c

Ladiver

I just got my new 3100 this morning. As we are going through everything, I am noticing i can't get my bedroom or garage a/c to run. Both have thermostats that have power. When I select either fan or cool, I hear a click, but nothing happens. My main unit works. When the main is running, I do get cold air out of the bedroom unit, even if it is off.

I will have lots more questions, as my dealer did no PDI and this is my first ever trailer.

Thanks,

Jeff

danemayer

Hi Jeff,

Congratulations on the new rig.

If you have 3 A/C units, I believe the Bedroom and Garage units are powered through a transfer switch so that only one can run at a time (so you don't exceed the generator's power capabilities). If neither unit actually comes on, I'd guess there might be a problem with that transfer switch. Try running on the generator to see if the problem is just on shore power.

I'm sorry you didn't get a dealer walk through. But I'm sure you know that you can get answers here. Also, we've got some owner-written user guides and troubleshooting guides that may be helpful to you, including one with Heating and Cooling info.

Please let us know what you find on the A/C problem.

Ladiver

ok, climbed around in the storage compartment and made sure all connections were tight at the transfer switch. Fired up the generator then tried the 2nd and 3rd a/ c's. Still nothing. Now I get E-7 error on the main. When I get home, I will disconnect and reconnect wires to the transfer switch.

danemayer

There's the main transfer switch that gets power from the generator and incoming shore power. There's probably a separate, perhaps smaller transfer switch that handles 15 or 20 amps input and routes it to one AC unit or the other.

Make sure you're checking the right transfer switch.

Ladiver

Thanks for being patient. I figured it out. I was laughing at the on/on switch, then thought maybe it could be for the a/c. Well, it was really Sonja's idea when I mentioned a transfer switch. Yep. That is what it is for! The generator error was another beginner error. Did not turn on the 30 amp breakers. Doh!

On to the next items. I will continue my learning and hope not to ask (m)any more stupid questions.