ATF: Cyclone - 3100 Spare Tire

Ladiver

Yes, it should have one. Mine is there, but hangs about 1/2" too low. I am always scraping it when I move it on/out of my storage at home. I am thinking of scrapping the whole spare tire, or moving it to another location.

kasey200

Same. Mine drags every time I park it at my house. It needs to be relocated elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hippy

On my 2014 Cyclone 3110 I had the same issue.
As I pulled into the driveway at my storage yard at angle, I thought I would not drag my spare. I drove slowly thinking I had cleared only to see in my rear mirror I dropped my spare in the street. After picking up the spare and parking the 5th wheel, I looked underneath to assess the damage. I had a bent spare tire crank to include the H looking bar that it was attache to. Further looking at the H bar, I saw it was only held on by 4 bolts. I took it off, bent, straighten everything back.
Before putting it back, I looked to see where I could re locate. I was able to re locate the bar approx. 2' forward, closer to the rear axle. Before I would be able to do this I had to take off the Toy Lok because it would be in the way of the H bar and re locate. I re located 1' 1/2 just to the rear of the right rear level. Drilled 4 holes and re installed everything back in place. Now I have more clearance and don't worry as much. I can post photos if requested. Hope this helps

gpshemi

I unbolted my spare tire frame and then rebuilt it to hold TWO spares and mounted it in front of the axles. That way it will never drag. I highly suggest this mod. I posted pics at one time on here...

On Edit: Please note the avatar is from when we took delivery and it's mounted in the rear still.

Ladiver

I get my trailer back today. Maybe I will try and relocate before I put it away tonight, or pull it tonight and relocate it this weekend.