ATF: Cyclone - Bunk ladder in toy hauler area

Warrstang331

North Carolina Chapter Leaders
I recently purchased a 2017 cyclone 4113 and after checking there was no ladder to be able to get into the bunk in the toy hauler compartment. Is this correct? If so why is this? Shouldn't it come with a ladder to be able to get into the bunk, as I see there is a ladder affixed to the side to be able to get into the loft.
Thanks in advance for you response.
Hayden

IronJ

No ladders in the toy haulers...many of us use 3 step lightweight aluminum ladders...

But yeah...pretty impossible to get up there without a ladder

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Warrstang331

IronJ thanks for that bit of info. Guess I'll look into a ladder for mine. Kind of like buying a car but it don't come with a jack to change the tire LOL.

Sniper

IronJ thanks for that bit of info. Guess I'll look into a ladder for mine. Kind of like buying a car but it don't come with a jack to change the tire LOL.
They don't come with a jack either. LOL :rolleyes: But like IronJ says we take a 2 step ladder with us, and use that if we happen to have one of the grand kids along.

Congratulations and safe travels. :)

Warrstang331

Definitely no jack seen. But I have a set of trailer legs that I can use if I ever got to change a tire out on the road

IronJ

I also have this one but I haven't really "used" it yet...truth be told we have only lowered that top bunk once or twice...lol

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0050EET8A/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_.gb6ub0ESBSMP?tag=viglink24781-20

5465d8d19630bc42c9d3b2ebc953782f.jpg

IronJ

They don't come with a jack either. LOL :rolleyes: But like IronJ says we take a 2 step ladder with us, and use that if we happen to have one of the grand kids along.

Congratulations and safe travels. :)
Mine came with 6 hydraulic jacks!!..right on the frame from lippert!!.. lol

Warrstang331

Looks like the one I had in my other RV. Oh I traded it got to get a new one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IronJ

Ya know ...not sure which length I have ??.I'll look...but my trailer is still 150 miles away getting warranty work/garage door replaced....waiting on a window now...heartland says 2 more weeks 😐...what a pita this has been!

Warrstang331

Ya know ...not sure which length I have ??.I'll look...but my trailer is still 150 miles away getting warranty work/garage door replaced....waiting on a window now...heartland says 2 more weeks ...what a pita this has been!

Don't feel bad. I just picked up my cyclone haven't even slept in it yet and got to get warranty work already

IronJ

When I go to get it AGAIN this time it will be over 1600 miles taking it back and forth ....that's the real rub....and a the blame falls directly on them...be glad when it's all fixed....heading north the tetons/glacier next month!!

TX_Clay

I finally got tired of leaving my TH for 5 or 6 weeks at a time for warranty work. Correction, looked at week 1 and set waiting for parts the other 4 weeks. I started calling heartland directly and they were happy to send me the parts I needed and fixed it myself. Also, this forum was a huge help as most everything that has ever been encountered has been spoken of somewhere in here.

IronJ

I thought about that..but the issues I had I didn't wanna Deal with myself

1. No sat/cable connection to ANY of the 5 outlets

2. Replacing the GIANT rear garage door and decals

3. Hydraulic leg replacement

4 window replacement on main slide...

I am more than happy to knock out the easy or even med hard stuff...

Problem was my unit sat for weeks with dealer saying they ordered parts and hearland saying parts were all approved but not ordered???.

After 6 weeks I needed trailer for a trip so I picked it up and took it back..(all parts supposedly there)...

Now a month later dealer says they are waiting on hl to send a window and a recall kit for the steps..

I call heartland and they say 3-4 weeks on window....sigh....it is what it is

mlpeloquin

No stock at Heartland for large stuff for warranty work. They order it and get you in the suppliers ordering system. The turnaround at Heartland is quick. The turn around after they receive it is one business day from my experience.

IronJ

I agree...for stuff they had they actually expedited it..once the order issue/blame between my dealer and hl was resolved....my cable/sat woes took the dealer a better part of a week to fix...and I'm just assuming they are fixed...honestly this is the first rig I have ever taken In for warranty work...this thing is just too big, and my time too little to do it myself.....honestly if my dealer weren't 150miles away (one way) I would not even be perturbed by the situaiton....but tally up 1600 miles of diesel , wear, and lost income at work and its a whole Lotta $$ ...it is what it is...as long as it's all fixed before my next trip in a few weeks I'm good...

I recently purchased a 2017 cyclone 4113 and after checking there was no ladder to be able to get into the bunk in the toy hauler compartment. Is this correct? If so why is this? Shouldn't it come with a ladder to be able to get into the bunk, as I see there is a ladder affixed to the side to be able to get into the loft.
Thanks in advance for you response.
Hayden

My 2014 came with two ladders. Someone probably transferred yours to another unit. Probably happens a lot. You should ask the dealer for your ladders. Tall one for the bunk and short one for the garage.

They do get in the way though. A retractable one would make sense and I bring a third three step ladder which could replace the shorter ladder for getting on to the bunk in the garage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Warrstang331

My 2014 came with two ladders. Someone probably transferred yours to another unit. Probably happens a lot. You should ask the dealer for your ladders. Tall one for the bunk and short one for the garage.

They do get in the way though. A retractable one would make sense and I bring a third three step ladder which could replace the shorter ladder for getting on to the bunk in the garage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cyclone Dave
Got a response from Heartland and for what ever reason it no longer comes with unless u special order it with the unit. What gives I say but ok.

BLR

Cyclone Dave
Got a response from Heartland and for what ever reason it no longer comes with unless u special order it with the unit. What gives I say but ok.

From our understanding when we ordered ours last week, no ladder is included for garage because of ignorant people.. so they fixed the problem before it became a liability..