ATF: Cyclone - Central vac won't shut off

Jason95L

We have a 2013 Cyclone 3010. The central vac won't shut off. I have to turn the breaker off when I want to shut it off. I bought a replacement unit thinking it might be bad and it did not fix my issue. It seemed to work when we first bought it. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you for your help.

danemayer

Hi Jason95L,

I'm not positive, but I think when you insert the hose into the receptacle, it closes the low voltage circuit that turns on the vacuum. Sounds like the control wires between the power unit and the receptacle might be shorted somewhere. Take a look at the wiring on the back side of the receptacle.

Ladiver

Jason95L,

The problem is with a part inside of the vacuum canister. I had the same issue. I will dig up more information and post here a little bit later. It is pretty easy to fix.

Jeff

RoadJunkie

Check to be sure the "floor sweeper" door slide is all the down, that is if you have one. The feature allows you to sweep dirt close to the vacuum inlet door and suck up the dirt as it comes close to the door. There is a hatch that slides up and down to open and close the floor sweep function. If the slide is left a little up, the vacuum will run.

TXTiger

I have a 2012 Cyclone 4014 and had the same problem. Dealer installed a new system under warranty. Your 2013 may still be under warranty. If not and you have an extended warranty it may be covered.

Ladiver

The blue part in the picture is the faulty relay switch. Contact the manufacture and see if they can send a replacement. My fix was to "tap" it with the handle of a screw driver. This "fixed" it for the time being. It has been 9 months and no problem.

IMAG0374.jpg

danemayer

The blue part in the picture is the faulty relay switch. Contact the manufacture and see if they can send a replacement. My fix was to "tap" it with the handle of a screw driver. This "fixed" it for the time being. It has been 9 months and no problem.

OP said the unit was replaced and the new one has the same problem. Seems like the next step would be to check the stuff outside the unit.

We have a 2013 Cyclone 3110......And Heartland does NOT stand behind the product...
- I've had the vacuum system not shutting...
- The pipe from the sink was routed too close to the spring mount...Wore a hole thru the pipe...
- The radio in the garage doesn't work...Dealer says it's dead no warranty...
- The inverter kills the batteries...Last less than a year...

My son just bought his first rv...Needless to say it wasn't a Heartland product. My next unit will NOT be a Heartland...Sorry to say.

Last edited by a moderator:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, sorry to hear that you have had those problems, but it sounds more like a dealer problem.
Have you contacted Heartland directly?

Peace
Dave

Gizzy

Have the same problem and after reading about the fixes on the forum I just turn it on/off at the breaker. Hasn't been a problem for us, it's not that hard to flip a switch when needed.

We have a 2013 Cyclone 3010. The central vac won't shut off. I have to turn the breaker off when I want to shut it off. I bought a replacement unit thinking it might be bad and it did not fix my issue. It seemed to work when we first bought it. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you for your help.

danemayer

We have a 2013 Cyclone 3110......And Heartland does NOT stand behind the product...
- I've had the vacuum system not shutting...
- The pipe from the sink was routed too close to the spring mount...Wore a hole thru the pipe...
- The radio in the garage doesn't work...Dealer says it's dead no warranty...
- The inverter kills the batteries...Last less than a year...

My son just bought his first rv...Needless to say it wasn't a Heartland product. My next unit will NOT be a Heartland...Sorry to say.
Is your RV still under warranty?