ATF: Cyclone - Cracked Rims

2010 Cyclone 3950 has two cracked wheels: Driver side back and Passenger side front. The are cracked in the middle of the "spokes" about 1/2 way b'twn tire and wheel center. What would cause this and how should we proceed with replacement. We replaced E rated tires with F rated two years ago. We replaced the first set of spring shackles in Oct 2012 after having one break on the hwy. Decided to go ahead and replace all of them in March 2013. Note: the VIN number I put in is incorrect as I am traveling down the road right now and didn't have access to that info. I have just recently ordered parts and have asked questions on other occassions via this forum

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Call Tredit. I believe the wheels are warranted.
800-537-2925

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Does it look like this?
y6urebe5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Tredit took care of us. Replaced the wheel, and paid for mounting costs.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Those T03 rims aren't meant to handle the F rated tire pressure of 95-110psi.

That probably isn't the cause of the failure. This is not the first failure of these rims. Tredit said ours was defective and replaced it. We are in a much lighter 2010 ElkRidge, ours cracked in 2012.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gpshemi

Didn't say it was the reason, but I wouldn't do it.
I also wouldn't tell them that either. They could use it as an excuse to void any warranty.

chiefneon

Howdy!

Tredit replaced the rims on my now 5er twice, and the second time it was out of warranty no questions asked. Great company and great coustomer service.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon