ATF: Cyclone - External generators

I would like to use two external Honda 2000w generators to run the air conditioning in a 3950. Is this possible or recommended? Can the generators be stored in the generator compartment with some added venting? If these generators can't run the AC, what is involved in adding the standard Onan 5500 gas generator? I see that there is a small connector near the battery. If this part of the auto switchover or remote start for the Onan? For some reason I do not have access to the Owners Manual Onan Generator section.

jimtoo

Hi cyclone3950,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I am sure your 2 .. 2000w gen will run 1 a/c. But you must have the cable that pairs them together. I would not recommend running them in the gen compartment unless you have some way of actually venting the exhaust.

Unless you ordered your unit with the Generator Prep, it will not have any auto change over or connector or remote start for a generator. It would be listed on your invoice. You will not have any Owners Manual for a generator unless you ordered it.

Jim M

Lamphere

We are able to run 1 ac unit with the honda 3000 generator. We don't put it in the compartment but, I think there is a different door with venting for the gen compartment.

jnbhobe

What Jim said is the right way to do it, A parallel cord to hook them together and keep them away from the trailer (way too many fumes)