ATF: Cyclone - Fridge run on propane?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Look at the control panel on your fridge. If it has a button to select the mode of operation, AUTO or GAS, set it to gas. But, before you do, you might want to turn on a stove burner for a moment or two to clear any air from the lines. Both the water heater and the fridge are sensitive to air in the lines and will not light until it's cleared. Lighting a stove burner is the easiest way.

If you're on shore power, the fridge will normally use the 120V supply automatically. Setting the selector to AUTO will allow the fridge to automatically switch to GAS in the event the 120V power is turned off, providing your battery is fully charged.

This is based on how my DM2862 fridge works.

pharmafrog

I am not the factory, but you first need to set the fridge to AU (auto) or LP (Liquid Propane). This is accomplished by pressing the mode button on the front of the fridge. The fridge should just kick over to LP (if you have gas and if it is turned on.) Now, here is another issue. If you have had your gas shut off, sometimes it has air in the lines and will not kick off the fridge an the fridge will go into error mode and just beep. It is just not getting the gas in time to light the pilot. IF this happens, I just make sure that the burners on the stove will light, if they will it has been my experience that the gas is not flooding the system and will light off if the fridge tries to light it's pilot. Hope that helps.

- - - Updated - - -

We must have been typing the same thing at the exact same time. HA!

danemayer

If you open the valves on the propane tanks too quickly, the overflow protection device will activate, blocking propane flow. Close the valves. Wait 15 seconds. Re-open the valve very slowly.

As others have said, purge the air in the lines by lighting a burner on the range top for 30-40 seconds.

Then switch the frig to LP mode.

hamangum

What Cyclone model do you have? Also, what brand is the fridge?
I dont think my question was clear. Sorry. We have a 20156 4100 with the residentail frdige and inverter package. There is not the normal switch for auto/gas/etc like on other models I have seen.

danemayer

I dont think my question was clear. Sorry. We have a 20156 4100 with the residentail frdige and inverter package. There is not the normal switch for auto/gas/etc like on other models I have seen.

Residential refrigerator means it's the same type of refrigerator used in residences. It runs on 110V AC only. When towing, 12V DC from your batteries is converted to 110V AC to run the refrigerator.

It does not run on propane.

BLHFUN

That's why I asked - The Residential Fridge will only use 110v Power from the Inverter ( Batteries, ) the Pole power or the Generator. You have an Inverter Switch on the wall under the Thermostat that controls the power from the Batteries. - Once you are unplugged from Shore power and with the Generator off, Simply hold the Switch down until the light turns green. You will hear the Fridge Alarm beep, which indicates the Power to the Fridge is now on. No Propane on the Residential Fridge.

Hope that helps!

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
sorry for late response but everything said below is 100% correct. Your fridge is wired into the inverter and runs off the 2 batteries when dry camping. Batteries can be re-charged by the generator, plugging unit in, and the 12V charge from the truck when towing. If you run your gen or plug the unit in, it will then run off that power source.

thanks,

AJ